D R E A M

(Y/n) at age 12

Sweat dripped from every pore of your body, your breath shaky with anticipation.
'You'll do fine, stop worrying!' Your best friend patted your back.
'I'm nervous, what if I mess up?' Your anxiety clear within your voice.
'Who cares, it's a high school talent show not some high end audition. Besides I've heard you sing, there's no way you won't win!' They smile at you brightly. Even though you didn't think your singing was that good, their words really boosted your confidence.
'Th-thanks! I ho-'
'(Y/n) (L/n)? You're on!' The backstage crew interrupted your speech mid-sentence.
'Okay thanks!'
'Go break a leg!' You turn to see your best friend giving you a thumbs up before entering the well lit stage area.
「Here it goes!」

_-*-_-*-_-*-_

Present day -(Y/n) at age 16

The same memory; it still haunts me to this day. I naively believed I had a shot, that my singing was mediocre enough to win a talent show. How foolish of me, since that day I swore I would never sing in front of people ever again. Though singing is a hobby of mine, it doesn't mean I am good at it!

「Since joining my new school I had made friends with some strange people.」I think while staring out of the window at my new friend
Do-Myung, who was blowing a kiss at me through the window. My cheeks tingled at his silly actions and I picked up my bag to leave the music room.
'Oh (Y/n)!' A feminine voice called out. I turn around to find the suspect - Jin-Ah. She's my only female friend at this school.
'Yeah?' I sneak a glance at Do-Myung over Jin-Ah's shoulder, he was walking towards us two.
'Do we have PE or Science last?' She laughed.
'Yo homies, what's cooking!' Do-Myung said in American slang while making some odd hand gestures.
'What on earth is that old talk, and Jin-Ah was wondering if we have PE or Science last?' I chuckle at Do-Myungs idiocy.
'Uh, science I think?' He scratched his ear.
'Ah okay, thanks Hyungs!' Jin-Ah patted both of your backs.
'No problem'
'It's okay'

_-*-_-*-_-*-_

'Alright, chairs in and off you go!' The teacher chuckled as your class sped out of the suffocating room used for tortuous education.
'Wanna go to the shop and hang out at the park?' Do-Myung asked while grabbing your clip on tie.
'Hey! Give that back!' I scream while chasing after him for my tie. He darted into a bushy area, I followed. Sadly I didn't see that he was stood still and ended up knocking both of us over, I quickly put my arms out, clenched my eyes shut and braced for impact. My hands felt pain as they hit the dirty floor.
'Wow no homo or anything but damn (Y/n) you look good from this angle!' I heard Do-Myung's idiotic voice speak from below you. Slowly opening my eyes, I realise the position me and my best friend are in. Do-Myung is underneath me while I have my arms either side of his head. I quickly get up, embarrassed from both the compliment and the risqué position we were in.
'Just give me my t-tie you nonce.' Cursing the fact I stammered, I hid my face from him.
'Aw, (Y/n)! You're so cute! Yeah sure you have your tie you- wait did you just call me a nonce?' He chuckled and then smirked at me. Oh shit. I immediately ran towards the music block to get away from Do-Myung-Hyung's wrath.
'(Y/N)!' He shouted while getting up and running after me.
_-*-_-*-_-*-_
I leant against the door, heavily panting.
'(Y/n) I know you're in there! Don't you want your tie you goon?'
Do-Myung had chased me around the school, a few caretakers told us to stop running in the corridors while they were cleaning but other than that no one saw us. After all, who would be at school at 5?
'Hyung...' I groan, still out of breath from running, 'If I open the door, promise to calm down?'
'Yes! C'mon open up (Y/n)!' He sounds enthusiastic to come in. I open the door while moving to the side, still breathing heavily.
'Little (Y/n)!' Do-Myung smiles and latches onto me.
'Hyung...' I start, still wheezing.
'Oh sorry, here's your tie back!' He latches it to the back of my collar.