》Chapter 33 ➹ the new guy

《Alec, this isn't the right time for that》I heard Isabelle whisper to her tall brother.

    《I don't even know if I should, like, tell her or not

    《You shouldn't, if you ask me.

    《What about being honest?

    《It doesn't apply to this. It's selfish. Just go see her》Isabelle sighed softly, pointing at the infermary room I was in.

        I could see the two sibling through the huge glass window between the tiny room and the waiting room in the corridor. Alec sighed exhausted and stepped inside, taking place next to my exam bed.

    《Um, hey. How are you feeling today?》he shyly rubbed the back of his neck. I arched an eyebrow at him and moved my eyes back on Isabelle, she quickly looked away.

    《I'm fine》I assured,《I just don't know why I have to be here. I'm not even that hurt》

    《You will have to stay here until Izzy won't find out about the effects of the curse on you》he frowned.

        I took a better and more accurate look at the tall boy. His hair was messy and a little longer than usual. He had big eye-bags under his tired sparkly eyes. He looked exhausted, probably full of duties and reports for the Clave.

    《Have you been sleeping? You look kinda off》I bit my bottom lip, my eyes locked in his.

    《I- not really》he breathed out.《I'm full of work and, well, thoughts

    《Please tell me you're not worried about me. I'm completely fine》I widened my eyes.

    《I-》

    《Alexander Gideon Lightwood, how many times do I have to tell you that-》

    《Shorty..》he cut me off with a simple sweet nickname. His voice so deep and sweet I melt down as ice-cream in the middle of the hottest day of mid-summer.《I'm fine

~

        It took me the whole day to convince Isabelle that the curse could be anything, not necessarily health related. It could be an earthquake, for what we knew, a bomb, a Greek God. Anything.

        I finally managed to take a fresh shower, all the bad thoughts slipping away at the touch of water on my skin. I stood in the shower box for as long as I could, maybe ten full minutes. I then wrapped a clean towel around my body and brushed my hair.

        I grabbed a plain grey t-shirt and shoved it over my head. I threw my dirty clothes in a corner and dropped my tired body on the big comfortable bed, way better than the exam bed I had been forced to for days.

        My eyes soon grew heavy, as a chilly wind blew through my hair from the side window. It somehow soothed me, and allowed me to finally sleep.

        When, after who knows how many hours, I opened my eyes, a familiar figure was sitting on my bed next to my lying body. My eyes widened and my cheeks reddened at how low-dressed I was.

    《Alec what the hell!》I scolded in embarrassment, trying to push my t-shirt as down as I could.

    《S-Sorry, I-》he immediately stood up and covered his eyes, turning around right away.

    《Ohgod》I mumbled under my breath as I rushed to my wardrobe and wore a pair of black leggings.

    《M-Mark asked me to c-come check on you》the boy stuttered.

    《Well go tell him I'm fine》

    《Are you sure you're-》

    《By the Angel, Alec, just go!》

~

        Lucifer kept staring at me in both awe and worry. Apparently, during the final battle, he had been dragged to some prison underground. His greenish eyes were more sparkly than usual as he gazed at me deeply.

    《What》I shrugged my shoulders.

    《You should know something》he caught my attention, I looked right at him worried.

    《I didn't only give you my blood, that day》

    《What-What do you mean?》

    《Why do you think you're the only one who can read that book? Or activate the Sword?》

    《I- what did you do?》

    《You weren't reacting good to the treatment. You were dying. Right there, in my hands, so tiny and vulnerable》he frowned,《So I had to give you also Brendon's blood》

    《And that means..?》

    《Your blood is a mixture of angelic and Renegade》a voice spoke from behind me,《That's a totally different story》

    《I still don't understand》I now moved my eyes to Mark.

        His curly hair was a little longer than usual, softly laying on his pointy ears. He gave me a soft reassuring smile and a quick nod. He made his way next to me and sweetly squeezed my hand.

    《You're the first-》Lucifer started.

    《Experiment??!》I gasped. Mark held my hand tighter.

    《That's why I want you to stick with Owen from now on》he added, as a man walked in the common room.

        Damn, he was handsome. He had short brown air and brown eyes, a cured beard and mustache. He was wearing a tight white shirt, my eyes traveled down on his fine fit chest. I gulped, blushed hard, and moved my eyes back on Lucifer.

    《Owen, this is my daughter. Rachél, this is the man that will teach you self defense》he introduced.

        I raised an eyebrow at him. Self defense??

    《You wanna start now?》Owen asked with a deep soothing voice.

    《S-Sure》I stuttered and blushed.

➹➹➹

        After ten minutes into training, I was already on the floor tired and sweating. I hadn't trained for so long I almost forgot how it was like.

        Owen offered his hand for me to take, I sighed and rolled my eyes at his gesture. So I struggled but eventually got back on my feet on my own.

    《Was that necessary? I was going to help you》he arched his eyebrow.

    《That's not a big move. It's number one on not-to-do list》

    《What, why?》

    《When someone offers his hand while training, and you take it, he will use it as a strategy to get you back down in a second》

    《Who does that??》he asked concerned.

    《Everyone who knows something about training》a deep familiar voice interrupted.《What's going on? Who's this guy?》he glanced at me with his arms crossed.

    《Uhm, Owen?》I blushed,《H-He has to teach me self defense》

    《I can teach you that》he knitted his eyebrows together.《Obviously

    《I've been sent here by Lucif-》

    《I don't care who sent you here. You can go now》Alec demanded.

        I frowned at Owen and gave him a reassuring nod. He nodded back and mouthed "I'll see you later" in my direction.

    《Was that necessary??》I whispered-yelled in Alec's direction as Owen stepped out of the training room.

    《Yes it was