✧ 025

CAI XUKUN stood in the cemetery with a bouquet of flowers in his hand. A frown masked his face as he placed them on the headstone before pushing his hand into his pocket.

"I'm sorry no one could save you. I hope that you're resting well..."

It was like the sky knew Xukun's mood. It was crying onto the earth, in pain of what happened months ago. Sadness was stained onto the planet and would disappear only to come again.

"Hey," a voice said as a figure came beside Xukun. There was a peaceful silence as the two looked at the grave. "I thought I'd find you here..."

"Yeah, just thought I should pay my respects," Xukun sighed looking over. "After all, he's the reason I met you."

"Yeah," Mingxia sighed, grabbing his hand, looking at her boyfriend. "I wish I could've saved him like you saved me, but there's a reason for everything. Sadly, we don't all have a happy ending, but I'm happy that you jumped in to save me...thank you."

Xukun smiled and turned to the girl he loved. His hand came to cup her head and his lips pulled into a sweet smile.

"I'll always come to save you. I love you."

"I love you too," she whispered as he leans down and placed a soft kiss on her lips. When the two pulled away, they exchanged small, delicate smiles before turning back to the grave.

There will always be sadness. Pain will always be part of life, but in order to overcome our sorrow, hurt, and low feelings, we must look to each other for comfort and love. We must look at ourselves and tell ourselves that our lives are worth living. We are worth more than we think. Love yourself and always remember that everything happens for a reason. Grow stronger and fight for happiness. Fight for others and fight for yourself because life is full of pain, but you are made of love. Love conquers pain. Love conquers all.