two

THIS OCCURS AROUND THE SAME TIME BLIZZARDWING AND SNOWWING LEFT...

———

As the eldest and heir to the throne, Sapphire was given duties

Which she did not do.

She broke every stereotype for a princess.
She was not proper, sweet, and she DEFINITELY wasn't pleasant, well to most.
But the other SandWings didn't know that. Honestly, the ones that hated Queen Thorn hated her adopted daughter more.
A disgusting hybrid, sitting on their throne?
They rather die.
But the ones who do actually tolerate the current Queen adored Sapphire for her beauty and her intelligence.

Although she seemed rude yet pure, Sapphire hid a deep secret.

The princess laid in the sunlight, soaking it in.
Her mind was cleared, her sea-green scales shimmered.
The chain of her ruby necklace looked as if it would melt under the heat. Luckily her SandWing ability to sustain heat allowed her to lay on the millions of grains of sand.
Sapphire's stinger at the end of her tail flicked as she snorted at the sight of her younger sister, Opal, running across a couple of acres of sand toward her.

Opal was Sapphire's biological sister, who was also adopted by Thorn as an egg. Opal had white-ish blue scales, she was without the stinger at the end of her tail and the webs between her toes, but she had gills like a SeaWing and a black forked tongue like a SandWing.

Now, Opal was the snobbiest, most self-centred dragonet you'll ever meet, but she has bravery and kindness that she won't admit.

"Sapph!"Opal yelled, still nowhere near close to her sister.

Sapphire yawned, stood up and stretched her wings. She waited patiently for Opal to approach her.

When the younger hybrid got to her, Opal panted, "Mom said, hold let me catch my breath, whoo! Ok, Mom said to get your stuff from the palace, and enough lying around, time to go."

Sapphire sighed and gave a toothy grin, "Alright, I'll race you there."

Opal's face twisted into an expression of surprise and shock. "What? No, you're like the fastest flier in the kingdom!"

"Aw, flattering but that's because I practice."

Opal rolled her eyes and spread her wings."Alright, you're on."

Sapphire smirked and bent her legs in a racing position. She did her usual stretching when prior to racing another dragon. She shifted her shoulder blades, tightened her jaw, relaxed her tail and released the webs between her claws for more speed.