Part.1

You slammed your door and ran as far as your feet could take you. The tears in your eyes blurred your vision but you realized where your feet have taken you.

You wiped your eyes and nose and sucked in air into your burning lungs. You snuck around your best friend,Sams house and threw rocks at his window.

You shivered in the cold autumn night. " sam please" you whispered. You thee another rock at his window and he finally opened it. " what's going on?" He asked as he opened his windows.

He saw your tear stained eyes and frowned. " give me your arms" he said. You did as you were told and he helped lift you into his room.

" uh let me just..." he said said as he grabbed pajama pants to put over his boxer briefs. You wiped your eyes as he sat next to you . " what happened?" He asked you.

You felt your throat burn as the words tried to fight their way out of your mouth. " he just" you started.

You let out a sob and sam pulled you to his chest. " let's run away together" you whispered. " what?" He asked you, confusion written all over his face.

" please just let's go stay at a hotel for the night in a different city or we can sleep in your car just... please sam" you begged your best friend.

He sighed and curled his lips inward. " ok" he nodded. You hugged him tightly and he sighed.
He picked up a duffle bag and packed necessities for you and him.

He pulled on a shirt and he pulled his hair up in a bun. You watched as he gathered things for you departing and smiled warmly. You felt butterflies in you stomach because of how much he cares. He knew you didn't have a good home life and how awful your dad is.

He's always been your safe place and the most understanding boy. You replayed the scene of what happened at your house and felt a pit for in your chest.

A sob threatened to come out but you suppressed it and let the tears flow. " we'll get you away from there" he whispered to you and wiped your tears.

You snuck out his window and to his car. " I'll text my mom and tell her what's happening" he said quickly before starting the car. He tapped on his phone and I stared at his features, illuminated by his screen.

I saw his eyes were red and his eyebrows furrowed as he typed. I've never seen sam cry before now. " why are you crying?" I asked him. " I've never been so furious in my life" he admitted.

" I've been keeping my cool as to not upset you but I've never been so mad" he exclaimed. " how can someone be so fucking..." he started then took a deep breath." I'm sorry" he apologized.

" no it's fine Sammy" you told him. " I can't imagine how you are feeling" he said as he pulled out of his driveway. " what town?" He asked." Caseville" you told him. It was far enough away that no one would think to find you there and it was on the beach.

You put in your the Lumineers cd and listened to it on the way there. You watched as the street lights lit up Sams eyes and the way the headlights fell on him made him look.... ethereal.

He sang softly along to Ophelia by the Lumineers and you closed your eyes and enjoyed his voice. Everyone knows josh as the singer but they don't know sam sings too.

You looked over at him and placed your hand on his knee. He smiled while not taking his eyes off the road.

" thank you" you muttered. "Anything for you" he replied. You bit your lip to avoid smiling too wide. You retracted your hand and laid your seat back.

" where here" sam whispered as he gently shook you. You woke up and checked the time. 3:06 am. Sam grabbed his backpack out of the back seat and you both headed towards the motel.

" I figured you'd want something on the beach" he explained to you  and you smiled. You listened to the outside noise as sam retrieved the key from the front desk. " I hope we don't find any dead hookers or anything in here" he stated ,making you chuckle.

He opened the door to reveal the 70's style motel room. " I guess they haven't updated in awhile " You stated. Your eyes both fell on the single bed in the middle of the room.

You both sat on the bed and you out you head in your hands. " let's go see what's going on at the beach" he said as he got up.

He reached his hand out for yours and you took it. You walked out of the door and headed towards the sand. The cold sand hit your feet as you treaded towards the water.

You both sat on the sand then laid down. " you're safe with me" he told you quietly.

You felt a silent tear slip out of your eye when he said that. You held your breath as you rolled on your side and laid your head on his chest.

His breathing hitched as he slowly slid his arms around you. " I know I am" you responded.

You lifted your head up so your eyes could meet. His brown eyes reflected the moonlight overhead and casted shadows on his face.

I could get lost in his eyes, in fact I wanted to. " sam" his name rolled of your tongue like velvet.
" I'll never let anything hurt you" he told you as he leaned in.

You lifted your head to meet his lips. You held his chin as endorphins rushed through your body. You pulled away and he had the most innocent look in his brown eyes.

The look of child like wonder and love. Like he was looking at the most breathtaking sculpture, or watching the most romantic movie scene.

" will you be mine?" He inquired, never breaking eye contact. " of course samuel" you beamed. He smiled and squeezed you. " I promise to protect you forever" he told you.

You laid on the sand next to him and took his hand. You relished the feeling of it in your palm. The roughness of his fingertips form years of playing bass and guitar.

You sighed to yourself and smiled lightly. You new that no matter what was thrown at you, sam will always be there to guide you out of the dark.