Chapter 9

Harry's P.O.V

I woke up early since I couldn’t fall asleep easily last night. Auditions for X Factor were today and my nerves were bouncing of the walls like crazy. I didn’t know if I had a shot compared to the people who tried out last year but I figured, what did I have lose?

I sent Victoria a text since she would be coming with me along with my parents. My sister Gemma was out of town and wouldn’t be able to make it. She sent me lots of texts apologizing though and wished me all the luck in the world. I washed up and took and took a cold shower to regain my focus. I wore something nice to impress the judges a little and packed a day bag since I know I'll be waiting for a while until it's my turn.

"Harry hurry up! We have to leave soon!" My mum called from downstairs.

"Alright!" I hollered back. I looked at myself one last time in the mirror then headed out to go pick up Victoria. I sent her another text saying we were on our way.

"You nervous?" My dad said while driving.

"A little." I said making hand movements.

"You'll be fine." My mum said shaking my knee. We pulled up in front of Victoria's house and the car fell silent.

"Wow." My dad said.

"What?" I asked.

"Are you sure she lives here? What do her parents do?" He asked.

"Oh, yeah, well they sell sports cars." I said patting his shoulders on the way out. He kept silent and I walked up the walkway to the huge double doors. I rang the doorbell and waited for someone to answer it.

Victoria's P.O.V

I woke up from a deep sleep due to Harry's text saying he would pick me up. I ripped the warm covers off my bed and slumped to the bathroom with no strength whatsoever. I brushed my teeth and rinsed my mouth out with mouthwash before hopping in the shower real quick. I came out and blow dried my hair and styled it quickly before applying makeup. I threw on a cute outfit before lying back down on my bed real quick to rest my eyes a little longer. Once again my phone went off thanks to Harry and I went downstairs before he arrived and ate something. I packed my tote with a big water bottle and snacks knowing that I'll get hungry later at the auditions.

I didn’t know what to think of all this. I didn’t want to think of what would happen if they liked him and he was successful through the whole process as he advanced forward.

The doorbell rang interrupting my thoughts. I got up from my seat at the kitchen table and went to open it.

"You ready?" He asked.

"Yeah, hold on." I jogged back into the kitchen and grabbed my tote before walking out to the car with him. He sat with me in the back and I said hello to his parents.

"So you're Victoria?" His mum said sweetly. She looked like Harry a little bit. She was very pretty with dark coloring and seemed very nice.

"Yep." I laughed a little.

"He always talks about you. In fact, he can never shut up!" She said to me.

"Mom…" Harry whined.

"What?" She asked. He just looked away and I held his hand. His dad talked very little since he was busy concentrating on how to get to the place. We arrived about 15 minutes later to the auditions and thousands of people were already there waiting to get their shot at fame. We managed to somehow find a parking spot and we went to the main entrance so Harry could register and get a number. While we waited, people were singing and practicing. Some were really good while others stunk. It was kind of funny how people thought of themselves when it came to this. I could tell Harry was nervous by the way he was shaking his leg recklessly.

"You'll be fine." I assured him. He looked at me and then turned away. I rubbed the back of his hand and held it between both of mine.

Harry's P.O.V

In my mind, I was a wreck. I couldn’t believe I was actually here waiting to sing in front of professionals in the field. Victoria helped a little with calming me down but it still didn’t help me completely. A camera crew was scanning the crowd inside and interviewing a few people.

"You think they'll come over here?" Victoria asked me.

"I hope not." I said. Sure enough though they eventually did come over.

"Can we quickly interview you?" The one man said.

"Okay." They sat me in a chair by myself and told me to say the basics. The man pointed signaling for me to start.

"I'm Harry. I'm 16 and I'm from Holmes Chapel. I'm here because I think I have what it takes to win the X Factor." They stopped rolling and thanked me for taking the time to do that and then walked away. We waited for a total of 5 hours before my number was called. My parents and Victoria walked with me backstage to see me perform.

"You're on." The director guy said. Victoria hugged me tightly and kissed me before I walked on stage. I passed through the black curtain and walked to the mic. The bright stage lights almost blinded me and I could barely make out the judges at all.

"Hello." One of them said.

"Hello." I said back.

"What's your name?" She asked.

"Harry." I said.

"Okay and what will you be singing for us today Harry?" She asked.

"Isn't she lovely."

"Go ahead." I took a deep breath and swallowed before singing.

"Isn't she lovely? Isn't she wonderful? Isn't she precious? Less than 10 minutes old." I only sang about 30 seconds worth of the song before I had to stop. The crowd cheered as soon as I said one line. All 4 judges eyed me skeptically before speaking.

"I like you." One said.

"You have a good voice and I like that." She said. The others said a few good comments before voting. I gripped the mic so hard I thought I would break it.

"I say yes."

"Me too"

"Yes"

"There something that sets you apart from everyone else and I personally like that. You're going through!" I heard Simon Cowell say. I jumped a little and thanked them before walking off. Victoria ran into my arms and hugged me tightly kissing me. My parents each hugged and congratulated me as well and we went out to dinner to celebrate. Afterwards, I offered to drive Victoria home. She stared out the window most of the time not speaking a word. I shoved her lightly trying to make conversation.

"What’s on your mind?" I asked her.

"Nothing." She said to me.

"Liar." I said. She let out a sigh before responding.

"What happens if you get far?" She asked.

"What do you mean?"

"What's going to happen to 'us'?" I held her hand while still focusing on the road. We came to a red light and I turned to face her.

"We'll be fine. No matter what happens." She gave a weak smile but I can tell she still didn’t believe me.

"Trust me." I kissed her forehead and pressed on the gas when the green light showed. We pulled up to her house and she climbed out.

"I'm proud of you Harry. I always will be." She said as she climbed out.

"I'll call you later." I said to her. I watched her walk in and close the door behind her. Next stop, boot camp.