Chapter 13

With Harry gone working with X Factor, school has been boring. It was the last week and I couldn’t wait for it to be over. My friends make it interesting though. Without them I don’t what I'd do.

"So have you seen them at all lately?" Ali asked.

"Who?" I said. She looked at me like I had 3 heads.

"Harry and the group…." She started to say.

"Oh, uh no, not lately." I said.

"How long has it been?"

"Almost a month. But I talked to them almost everyday. We became really close and Harry is just…."

"Amazing." She finished my thought.

"Yeah." I blushed. Everyone in the room was busy working on their project with their partner where I had to finish it myself. I was making my 3D diagram and the molecule model was aggravating me.

"Ugh!" I screamed at the model in frustration.

"Chill! Let me help you." I relaxed back into my seat and slapped my forehead.

"I hate this." I moaned.

"I'm here to help you." Ali said.

"I want Harry to be here. Then we could finish this project faster and turn it in and be done with it."

"Well he's not." She flat out said.

"No kidding." I gave her a glare. I organized my books into a neat pile and headed out the door when the final bell rang. "Need a ride?" I asked her on our way out.

"Sure. Can we just go to your house? I don't feel like dealing with my mom." She said.

"What happened now?" I said in a dramatic voice.

"I accidentally died my cat blue." She said. Ali always got into trouble with her parents. It was never anything big like stealing or drugs, just stupid stuff like blowing things up in the microwave or not cleaning her room.

"You died your cat?!" I said kind of loud on the way to the car.

"Relax, it's washable." She said with ease. I gave her an odd glance while getting into the car. We listened to the radio and belted out all of the words to every song that came on. I pulled into the circular driveway and parked.

"Did you understand that math homework?" She asked.

"A little." I said as we made our way to the open kitchen. We laid our books on the table and I got us some drinks.

"I think it's stupid." She commented as we walked over to the teen zone. I flicked on the TV and surfed through the channels.

"Well what are you gonna do." I stopped at a channel I liked and we stared intently at the screen.

"OH MY GOD!" Ali started to bounce on the sofa almost spilling her soda bottle onto the floor. A commercial for X Factor came on and we both began to scream. The band has been getting really popular lately and girls all over town and the UK have been raving about them.

"V, you're dating a celebrity!" She shrieked. I bit my lip and smiled.

"I know. I can’t believe it either."

Ali's mom came by to pick her up and she begged to stay but she wasn’t allowed to because of the cat incident. Dinner was up to me since both parents were at the dealerships working on some new model for the Ferrari collection coming out in the fall. So I spent my night watching re-runs of my favorite shows while eating Chinese takeout from the cartons.

"What a night." I said in a bored voice while eating lo mien with chopsticks. I was so amused by the TV I didn’t pay attention to anything else. A stranger could walk in and I probably wouldn’t notice. At around 11 o'clock I started to doze off on the couch and I knew it was time to get to bed. I shut the TV off and threw out the containers and proceeded up the stairs. I didn’t fall asleep till about midnight and I was past out, nothing could wake me.

I was twisted into the covers and was so comfortable I didn’t want to move. I heard a creaking noise and shifted a little bit but didn’t wake up. I felt a hand shake me and I immediately reacted. I punched whoever it was straight in the face and woke up alarmed.

"OW!" I couldn’t tell who it was in the darkness so I scooted to my nightstand and turned my lamp on.

"Harry!?" I saw him holding his face.

"Yeah?" He gasped. He scrunched his nose and rubbed it a little.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him, "How did you get in?" He gave me confused and angry look.

"What happened to, hello Harry, how are you? I haven’t seen you in a while. Oh I missed you so much!" He acted the words out in a girly way and I threw a pillow at him.

"You just scared me half to death!" I said defensively. He moved closer and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Yeah, sorry about that." He said sheepishly. I hugged him tightly.

"I missed you. I watch you every Tuesday at 8." I laughed.

"That's good to know." He said.

"So what are you doing here?" I asked.

"I need you to pack a bag." He said firmly.

"Why?" I asked.

"You're coming with me." He said.

"Where?"

"Tell you later just hurry up we're on a tight schedule."