Chapter 1: Monster School

In a regular, human neighbourhood, a school bus makes its' last pick up before it begins its' trip to school. A young boy with black hair and dark brown eyes nervously crosses the border of the bus door, being greeted by the rather terrifying driver as his mother and father wave him off. "Empty, huh?" Making the comment as he gazes around the supposedly empty bus, the boy takes a seat near the front.

Resting his chin on his hand, the boy stares out of the window while the bus begins its' journey. "Totally mediocre. But...I never thought I'd end up flunking the high school exam." As he speaks to himself, the bus driver turns his gaze to the mirror, opening his mouth to speak. "You are...the students enrolling in Yokai Academy?" The bus driver asks without much enthusiasm. "Ah, yeah." The boy replies, unable to hear the quiet grunt of affirmation from the seemingly empty back seats.

After the bus driver puts his best effort into scaring the boy stiff, they exit the extremely long tunnel, finding themselves on a road in-between a forest of dead trees. The doors open and the boy exits the vehicle, followed by a pair of unseen footsteps. "Hehe...we have arrived...be careful..." the bus driver gives one final warning before closing the door and heading back the way he came.

Lightning strikes above the massive school in the background, startling the brown haired boy and bringing him back to attention. "Wait a minute! What is this place!" No answer, at least, not for a moment. "It's Yokai Academy." The boy is startled by the voice that seemed to come from nowhere, shrieking and falling on his behind. "You're a jumpy one aren't you?" The boy looks up to see another boy, around the same age as him, with black hair and dark, onyx eyes that seemed to exude a sense of endlessness. The boy in front of him raises an eyebrow, bringing the still seated boy's attention towards his outstretched hand. "Ah, th-thanks!" The boy states as he's lifted back to his feet with ease.

The boy brushes himself off before facing his new acquaintance and holding out his hand. "It's nice to meet you. My name's Tsukune Aono." The cheerful smile on his face, contrasting his formerly fearful expression catches the other boy off guard for a moment before he returns the handshake. "Likewise. My name's Fumetsu Kotsuzuo, Just call me Fu." The boy lets what would be a kind smile cross his face, if not for the eerie gaze in his eyes.

After the two finish their handshake and seperate, they both shift their attention towards the massive school a fair ways away. "It looks like a haunted mansion from top to bottom..." Tsukune states nervously. "It-" Fu is cut off as a loud scream can be heard from behind them. Fu moves quickly and pushes his new schoolmate out of harms way as a girl with pink hair riding a bike slams into him, sending them both flying.

Recollecting himself, Tsukune looks around to see what just happened, noticing the beautiful girl lying on the ground with her bike in shambles. "Ah! A-are you ok?" As he walks over to him, she dizzily stands up, walking closer to him. "The scent of...blood." Her gaze shifts to the small cut on the boy's head he received after falling. "I lose control when I smell that scent...I'm sorry but...it's just cuz'...I'm a vampire." She finishes her sentence as she softly bites into Tsukune's neck, draining his blood.

As their little love-comedy continues, the boy that had actually been hit by the oncoming vampire, drifts underwater after being knocked off of the nearby cliff. Swimming to the surface, the boy begins his climb back to the top, snagging his new uniform a few times as he ascends. "Dammit...Well, at least my sewing skills won't go to waste here..." he mutters under his breath as he continues.

As he reaches the halfway point, he begins to hear the voices of the two other students above. "That's great! Then if you're okay with me, please be my friend! I was feeling lonely since I don't know anyone here!" The voice, no doubt coming from the girl that slammed into him states. When the boy finally reaches the top of the cliff, he looks around to see the two lovebirds happily walking towards the school together. "...Oh, no, don't worry about me, I just got launched off a cliff is all." The boy lets out a sigh as he himself begins his stroll towards the school, muttering one last thing under his breath. "Welcome to Yokai Academy, I guess..."

With everyone seated in class, and the teacher, Ms Nekonome, going over the rules and the reasons for the school's existence, no one expects the sound of a knock at the classroom door. "Nya? Come in!" The door opens, drawing the attention of both Tsukune and the pink haired girl who had been seated next to each other. Tsukune's eyes widen when he sees Fu entering the classroom with tattered clothing and blood dripping from his head. "Sorry I'm late." The boy states flatly, earning a few strange gazes from his classmates. "F-Fu!?" The class turns their attention to the only human in the room. "I-I'm so sorry. I-I was distracted-" the class begins muttering about what could have happened, most somehow coming to the conclusion that Tsukune had been the one to hurt the boy still standing in the doorway. "Hm? Tsukune, you know each other?" The pink haired girl asks her new friend. "Ah, Moka..." before he has the chance to explain, the human boy is cut off mid-sentence by a rather annoyed Fu. "Moka." Everyone turns their gaze back to the onyx eyed boy. "So you're the one who slammed me off the cliff." Moka's eyes widen in surprise at his words. "H-huh?" She says, befuddled as a few of the guys in the class begin to shout at the boy for badmouthing the beauty.

Ms Nekonome struggles to calm the class as they continue to berate the boy who, having had enough of all the fuss and annoyances, turns to walk out of the room, until a female voice calls out to him. "I-I'm sorry!" The class quietens as the boy walks back into the classroom, straight past Tsukune and the apologetic but confused Moka and, without acknowledging them, takes a seat in the back right corner of the room next to the window.

After everyone successfully settled down, class managed to continue with little to no further interruptions. After class had finished however, a few of the guys in class had apparently not finished with him, leading him to a quiet, unnoticed area. "Hey bastard, you're gonna pay for what you've said!" The boy with slicked back, blonde hair states angrily as Fu simply stares at him. "Sorry, what was that? I wasn't listening." The blonde boy's face contorts with anger as he throws his fist out towards the boy, smashing the wall behind him.

The blonde boy blinks a few times before looking around, trying to find the target of their ire. Moments later, pained grunts resound, followed by the sound of bodies hitting the floor behind him. Turning around, he finally notices the boy, dusting himself off over the unconscious bodies of the blondes' friends. "Y-you! Damn you! I'll kill y-" the boy is interrupted by a fist slamming into his face, denting him into the wall he'd just smashed. "I will eat you." Fu states casually, scaring the half-conscious boy before walking away.

Meanwhile, a young girl of the same grade, happens to have been walking past at just the right, or wrong, moment, clenching her fists as she hears the words leave Fu's mouth. "I will eat you." The girl seems to burn the image of the boy into her mind before running off, hoping not to be discovered, at least, not yet.