Chapter Thirteen: Edited

Pain. Out of nowhere, pain shot through my entire body, waking me from my slumber. I opened my eyes but couldn't really see anything because the pain was blurring my vision. Sharp stabbing sensations and burning sensations ripped through my body in another wave and I couldn't help the scream that tore out of my throat. I could hear frantic footsteps rushing up the stairs and I tried to sit up, but another wave rushed through me, causing my back to spasm. It felt like I was being ripped apart and another scream escaped me. The footsteps got closer to my door.

"Oh, my goddess, Stella! Stella are you alright?" Tara yelled from the other side of my door, banging on it. I tried to stand up, but failed, collapsing onto the floor. My legs felt weak and hurt so bad. I felt like I was being soaked in acid, every molecule of my being ate away at each other, completely shredding my nerves. Cole told Tara to move aside and broke the door handle to get into my room. Cole must have locked the door behind him for me when he left.

Cole and Tara kneeled next to me as another wave of pain washed over me. It was like burning alive and being frozen to death at the same time. Every bone in my body strained, as if struggling to hold their shapes.

"AHHHH" I screamed again and Tara put my head in her lap and my back spasmed again, this time a loud crack was heard. I just broke my spine. Tears poured down my face and screams just didn't stop falling from my lips.

"Baby! What's wrong?" Tara cried, tears fell from her own eyes. Cole grabbed my face and looked into my eyes and answered for me, I wasn't even able to talk if I wanted to.

"Tara... she's turning," Cole said softly but seriously. I looked at Cole and let all of my fear fill my eyes. Cole saw and stroked my face, trying to soothe me but the pain was too intense. The pain relaxed just enough for me to mutter something to Cole.

"Help... me," I muttered before I screamed again.

"Cole... what is happening? She shouldn't be changing until she turns eighteen! That's still a couple weeks away!" Tara exclaimed.

"I don't know. Maybe her mother knew she was with us and just decided to get it over with? I don't know, babe. We just know what's happening right now and we need to help Stella," Cole said and he picked me up off of the floor and placed me back on my bed.

I could feel my sheets getting soaked with my sweat. The pain was so intense that I was seeing black spots and if I could, I probably would have thrown up. Tara ran out of my room and Cole stayed with me, holding me down to the bed. I was spasming and seizing up so much I easily could have fallen off the bed again. My muscles were working against me and felt like they were tearing apart.

"Sweetpea... Sweetpea, try to breathe. You need to breathe," Cole said as he brushed some of my hair out of my face.

Tara ran back into the room with a bowl, a sponge, and a towel. I felt one of my shoulders dislocate and crack and I screamed as I turned my body into the pillow. Tara grabbed a sponge and dipped it into the bowl and brought it to my head, wiping off some of my sweat.

HOW LONG IS THIS GOING TO FUCKING TAKE?!?!?!? GOD, SOMEONE KILL ME!!! I screamed out in my head, the pain was unbearable and I honestly would have rather died than going through anymore of that unbearable torture.

"Oh, sweetpea. I'm so sorry. It's going to take about an hour and nothing we do with help very much right now I'm afraid," Cole said and my eyes twisted in confusion, but I couldn't ask because I was crying too much. Cole saw my confusion before continuing.

"You used what we call a mind-link. It's a way for wolves to communicate with each other that is particularly useful in our wolf forms. That's how I knew what you were thinking. I heard you," Cole's soft voice explained and because I was focused on him so much, the pain lessened as I gave it less attention.