Chatper Seven ~ Blood Party

I looked at the time...

The person I hold dearest.

Well fuck me, this can't be anything good. It doesn't hurt to see what this person wants at the very least. I flipped the note over and read the address. It wasn't far from here but underneath the stamp in the same red writing from earlier was a P.S.

'In the ally.'

Great, I'm going to get mugged.

I resisted the temptation of ripping the note apart and instead placed it back into the envelope. I opened the little secret drawer just under the surface of my desk and slipped the wax seal into it. I closed it and locked it for the first time ever by slipping the key under the drawer beneath my desk. It locked with a satisfying click. I stood up.

I knocked on Lucy's door and she looked up at me.

"I need to stop somewhere for a while, put any paper you need me to do in the wall thing." She nodded and I left. I walked by the open door to the Sins office and glanced in. Just the usual, Lust was passed out on the couch, Pride and Envy were bickering, and Anger and Gluttony were chatting.

I continued on not sure how to feel. The stamp said at about 2:15 and it was 2:07 now. Everything seemed silent to me as if I was so wrapped into my own mind that my ears refused to work. My movements were stiff and uncertain.

I have no idea what to expect.

The lobby was empty other then the man behind the counter but he stayed silent as I left. The address was a short walk away and once I reached the location I stood just outside the dark ally I was instructed to enter. Dread hung over me.

The road was fairly busy but people walked around me as I looked into the concrete space. There were a few papers on the ground blowing with the wind and a trashcan that had been tipped over. Graffiti lined the walls. I took a deep breath and walked in. To my surprise noting changed. I walked forwards and was surprised by the amount of turns that were back here. As I rounded the 4th corner I saw a hooded figure standing in front of a large metal door. It looked like a speakeasy. The figure stepped to me and I tensed up.

"Devin? You are expected by the boss." His voice was low. He stepped back to the door and pulled it open revealing a dimly lit area. It looked just like a speakeasy. I walked in and heard the door slam hard behind me. I flinched uncomfortable with this whole situation. I walked slowly through the corridor, the walls were covered in red velvet and curtains. As I approached a set of doors I heard a bit of a ruckus. Music booming and laughing.

I pushed one of the swinging doors open and my jaw dropped it the sight. My mind clouded as the aura of the room attacked my senses. The room was filled with demons. Half mostly but a few full lingered in the corners or stayed directly in the lime light receiving most of the attention. This wasn't just a speakeasy, it was a party place for people who shouldn't even be in this realm. There were half naked, half sucubi serving drinks, there was a giant pool, people dancing, and the smell of blood lingered in the air. The door swung closed as I stepped into the room, I stayed against the wall for a moment until a guard looking man approached me.

"Come with me, the boss wishes to see you." I didn't hesitate to follow him. As we walked through the room eyes followed me and I felt malicious intent follow across the room. I am not popular among the people here. I was lead though another set of doors only to see a painfully familiar face.

I... I was happy to see them. Sometimes I forget just how sadistic I can be and this is one of the moments I remember the joys of being a demon. They weren't kidding when they said old friend... Sitting at the end of the room in a large lounge chair was a 6 foot tall woman with long cascading orange hair. Her outrageously curly hair tangled around her ram horns which curled one and a half times. Her eyes were half open in relaxation but you could still see the blood red iris. Similar colored lipstick accompanied by black eyeshadow covered her face. She wore a party dress modified to her own personal style. Cains and belts covered the ripped fabric and when she moved jingles filled the room.