Stupid

It was a cold windy night in Derry. A small brunette boy kicked the small pebbles littered on the ground as he made his way to the pharmacy. he needed a refill on his pills. the pills that his mother claimed would fix him up. Eddie didn't think there was anything wrong with him. Aside from his asthma, he felt great.

He entered the building and headed straight to Mr.Keene's counter. "Hey Eddie, here for your refills?" He nodded and watched as Mr.Keene went to the back of the pharmacy for Eddie's prescription.
He heard the door open meaning someone had either left or came in.

Mr.Keene returned with a new bottle filled with Eddie's medicine. Eddie took them and thanked him. Mr.Keene pushed his glasses up to his nose and walked to the back again. Eddie grabbed his pills and was about to head out when someone caught his attention. A really tall guy with freckles and black curly hair was shoplifting a few candies not so secretly. Eddie didn't know what to do in a situation like this. Did he turn his head and look the other way? Did he confront the other boy? Or did he tell someone?
Eddie made up his mind and and started walking over to the boy. He lightly tapped his shoulder. "You shouldn't be doing that."
The raven haired boy with the unruly curls faced his way with a look of panic. (A/N at the disco naiakwkq sike.) his fearful expression died down when he saw a tiny child standing in front of him. "What are you gonna do about it?" Eddie was shocked. He'd expected this kid to feel embarrassed or ashamed but he wasn't. The boy continued to pick out more snacks, Eddie followed behind him. "Well I could tell Mr.Keene." He didn't look up. "You don't have it in you."

They both began arguing when an angry Mr.Keene yelled. "Hey! You put those back. I've already called the cops!"
Now The taller boy was panicking. "He called the cops!? Oh my god, he called the cops! Who calls the police over a few gummy bears?!" they heard sirens screaming as they made their way over to the pharmacy. without thinking, the taller boy took a hold of Eddies arm and dragged him out.

They both ran until the taller boy noticed a taxi. Without hesitation, he jumped in, dragging Eddie with him. "DRIVE. FUCKING DRIVE." The driver hit the gas and sped through the town.

Eventually the taxi driver stopped. Eddie watched as the teen payed him around 10 dollars. They got off and Eddie spoke, breaking the tension. "So, you steal candy even though you can clearly pay for it." The taller boy grinned. "Well, where's the fun in that?" Eddie rolled his eyes. He didn't know the guys name so he resorted to calling him stupid.
"Hey, stupid, what are we going to do now?"
"Okay first of all, I have a name. Second of all, since you're so smart, why don't you think of something, genius."
Eddie sighed. He was going to get nowhere with this. "Well, we cant go back to mine. Mr.Keene probably told my mom already." The taller boy nodded. "Let's go to my friends, Stan. He loves me." Eddie bowed his head in understanding. "By the way, I'm eddie."
"Richie."
"Stupid suits you." Richie smiled, happy to have made a new friend.