2. Parts

I woke up and started breathing heavily. I didn't know what was happening. I looked around and I was in the same room I was in before, when they first brought me here.

I look down and completely just stop breathing. My leg was gone. They had amputated it. What sort of messed up world is this?

"Hey!" I yell out to the guard that was standing at the door.

"..." Thanks, dude, for responding so nicely and caring about how I feel.

"Dude!" I yell out again.

"Shut up!" He yelled back.

"I'm not just gonna shut up, I'm missing my leg!" I yelled and then reality finally set in completely.

I started freaking out. My leg was actually gone. I am never getting it back. I mean I know it's 2039 and everything and the technology is great and I could get a new leg... it wouldn't be my leg!

"Your leg isn't needed. Open the door." A woman says, her voice sounding familiar.

The door opens and a woman walks in. She had short, dirty blonde hair with bright green eyes. Pale skin and light freckles going along her cheeks and the bridge of her nose. She was kind of tall but her heels were throwing me off on her height. She had a slim figure.

"Hello, Danielle." She says calmly.

"H-how do you know my name?" I asked, panicking.

"I know a lot of things about you Danielle Sterlings. About your past and your family. Or... what was your family." She smirked and walked closer to me as the door closed back.

"Don't talk about my family!" I yelled, becoming defensive.

"Honey, it's gonna be okay. You'll forget about all of that soon enough." She says in a sweet but creepy voice.

"W-what do you mean?" I inquire.

"Just save your brain power. You'll need a lot of it for what comes next." She says and walks out.

"Wait! What do you mean?!" I yelled after her. "Hey!"

~~~

A few days past and they haven't made any contact with me besides giving me food, telling me I need to 'feed my brain'. These crazy people...

"Open the door." I hear the lady say from outside. The door opens and she walks in with two guards behind her. Funny... they kind of look like Cyberlife guards. "Grab her."

The guards grabbed my arms and I couldn't really resist with one leg but I definitely tried. I fought my hardest to get them off of me. They lifted me up off the floor and I couldn't do anything at this point.

"Please, please just let me go." I pleaded as they led me into a room with a single chair and a bunch of tech surrounding it.

"Not a chance Sterlings. You are an important specimen. The main object in this experiment. I need you for this. I've been planning everything for way too long to just let you go now." She says and the guards strap me down to the chair.

"What are you going to do to me?" I asked.

"I am going to make you... greater."

~~~

A/N

Soooooo... Yeah. I said that there would be another chapter about two days ago. Sorry about that. This one is short and the next one will be kind of short also. But after that... the chapters will be long. Around 1,000 to 3,000 words. That's what I normally do anyways. I like long chapters so that I can fit details into it.

I got the motivation to actually finish this chapter because I got a notification that someone voted on my story. I was... really happy because it was the first time someone other than my friends had voted on my story. Then I looked at the comments. There were only two of them but it really made my day. The things that were said in those two comments really pushed me to make this. So I'm going to try my hardest to make this story the best story you guys have ever read. Well... at least ONE of the best stories you guys have ever read.

-Lefangirl

(still a hardcore fangirl)