12. Change of Plans

"Would you like to go somewhere to get your mind off of things?" He asks. He realized a while ago that he had to use human techniques to get closer to Dani. That's what she responds best to. He could never call her 'it' around her otherwise, it would push her farther away.

"Just us?" She asks.

"Yes. Would you like to go tonight?" He confirms.

"Like.... a date?" She laughs a little, confused at Connor's actions.

"A date?" He asks.

"Do you know what a date is?" She asks.

"Not particularly. I was only programmed with advanced negotiation and interrogation techniques." He replies.

"Well, then you have a lot to learn, Connor." She smiles and pats his shoulder.

~~~

Dani put on a casual type dress and looked in the mirror. She smiled. She was somewhat happy even after everything that happened. Although she missed herself, she missed Danielle.

Her dress was a grey plaid shirt-dress, going down to right above her knees. She put on some plain black boots and called it good. Connor didn't say what they were doing. She didn't think it would be much since he always says he's "not a deviant".

She looked at herself a little bit longer, trying to see her old self, silently hoping it would stare back at her. That's when she heard a knock at the door. She walked over and opened it, seeing Connor in his usual attire.

"Hi, Connor." She smiles.

"Hello, Dani. How are you?" He asks as he steps inside.

"I'm good. I'm pretty much done getting ready." She says.

"Okay, I can wait here until you're done." He smiles back at me.

"Alright, I'll be right back." She responds and goes back into her room, grabbing her purse. She walks back out and sees that he's talking to Ace and Maddie, Maddie having a goofy smile on her face.

"I'm ready." She says, walking up to the three of them.

"You look so adorable," Maddie says as she squishes her own cheeks together with the palm of her hands. "Take care of her." Her voice gets serious as she points at Connor.

"I will don't worry." He responds and holds out his hand towards Dani.

Dani takes it, her smile growing wider. She can't help but wonder if she likes him. Signs point to yes but she doesn't think it could be reciprocated, considering his status.

They walk out the door and into the car that Connor borrowed from Hank. Getting in the car, Dani freezes.

She saw flashes of the same car. She was sitting in the back seat, her father sitting in the passenger's side talking to a man who was driving. That same silver hair she saw, she could finally hear noises. Cars passing by, curse words, tires screeching, men screaming.

Her breath hitched as Connor closed his door and starting the car. He started driving as Dani started thinking over what she had just seen. Connor looked over and raised his artificial eyebrow. 

"What's wrong?" He asked her. She quickly looked over with wide eyes, her breathing still jagged. 

"Y-yeah. I'm fine." She stuttered back, leaning her head against the window.  Just as her head touched the window, Connor got a call from the one and only Hank. The ringing echoed through the car's speakers until Connor answered it. 

"Hank? Are you alright?" Dani could hear the little bit of concern in his voice. 

"Have you seen Sumo?" A drunken Hank responded. 

"Hank? Did you lose Sumo?" Connor asked in a stern voice. 

"Uh, ch-yeah. I think I did." He slurred and a sound on the phone sounded like Hank dropped to the floor. 

"Sorry Dani," Connor starts as he ends the call and looks over to her. "Looks like there's going to be a change of plans. 

~~~

A/N

So I suck, I really do and I'm sorry. It took me forever to make this chapter and it's not even long. But don't worry, I am giving you another chapter sometime this weekend or Monday. The latest will be Monday, I can promise you all that. 

Why do I feel like everyone doesn't care anymore and they don't even want to read this. But if you do and you have been waiting for me to post, you can thank @lovelypuppy2 for me updating. Go check out her profile and everything... ya know... follow her... if you feel like it... maybe even read her book...yeah.

Fun Fact: 10th Grade sucks.

QofD: What grade are you guys in if you're still in school?

~ LeFangirl

(I'm still a fangirl, nothing has changed... except I really like bts now...)

ANOTHER QofD: Does anyone here... like BTS? If so, who be your bias(es)? Oooh, and bias wrecker(s)?

MINE: Bias: Chimmy. Bias Wreckers: Tae, Kookie, and Suga.

OKAY SORRY THIS IS A DBH FANFIC I'M GETTING OFF TOPIC BAAAAIIIIIIIII~~~~~~

...unedited