Chapter 1

Hi! I'm Mustache and I don't really know what to put here... So just enjoy the story! This is my first story so all feedback is appreciated! <3

*********

(Evelyn's pov)

(Flashback dream)

I'm in my old living room. Mari is sitting on my lap,a grin unremovable,laughing with joy as she moves her piece across the board. Cassia is on her phone not even trying to make any contact with the family. Mom and dad are sitting on the couch smiling there soft warm smile.Everyone is enjoying the board game (besides cassia) until the someone bangs on the door.

Mom and dad both go to answer it like they always do. As they walk towards the door the banging gets louder and louder. I hear the door creak open and a loud scream. A tiny trail of blood starts to peek into the entrance of the living room. Cassia finally looks up and sees the blood. She lets out a high pitched scream. Mari buried her face into my shirt so she won't see the blood. I start to whisper "Mari...I'm going to give you to cassia... Stay with her in your room tell I come and get you guys...ok?" Mari nods her head into my shirt. I hand her to screaming cassia and make my way to the door.

I slowly move out of the doorway. Scared for what will happen. I peer around the corner and find my dad on the floor his neck with a bite mark. My mom is being bit by a human. This "human" has rotting flesh dripping from his hands and face. I start to cry. I shout "Mommy! Daddy!" The "human" looks at me. it starts to move slowly and limps towards me. I reach inside my dad's army jacket. As my hand searches for his knife he grabs my arm. I shout "Daddy! Your ok?!" He brings me closer to his face. I try to pull away but his grips is strong. I shout "Daddy! stop!" He opens his mouth and try's to bit me. I finally find his knife just in time and stab him. I cry and stab him yelling "Why daddy!" The "human" almost bites me when

(End flashback dream)

I wake up. Cassia is holding my hand and stroking my hair. She quietly whispers "shh..its ok now...were here for you" Tyler is at the foot of my bed staring at the floor. He looks up and half whispers half shouts "Good your awake! You had the dream again..." I look down at the foot of my bed and whisper " I know...this time it was harder to kill them.." Tyler nods and looks sympathetic. Cassia says " You should go back to bed..." I nod still in shock from the dream. Cassia looks at Tyler and nods almost saying 'time to let her rest'. Tyler looks back and almost says ' I'm going to stay with her for a few minutes'. Cassia gets up and moves towards her bed across the room. Tyler gets off the foot of the bed and sits right next to my head.

Tyler looks at me with sympathy. He says " I know it's tough in this world,but we can pull through" I nod sleepily and almost right after I nod I fall asleep. I feel a faint tickle on my forehead before I fall asleep.

(Tyler pov)

Evelyn her name echoes in my head as I stare at the ceiling waiting for sleep to fall upon me. She is the one who keeps me alive during this madness. Not by killing those monsters but keeping my mind together. Knowing that she is alive keeps me going. We are not even "together" but I wish we were. I can only survive knowing she will greet me with a smiling face and a "Hi Ty Ty!" In her amazing cheery voice. I can only survive with her at my side

(Cassia pov)

I wake up before the crack of dawn. It is my job to wake up early and open the gates for the night guards and have the day guards go out and perform there job. I walk over to the gate and I hear a faint crying and heavy footsteps. I open the gate to see Maria in Hectors arms. I never liked Maria she told me to kill Evelyn and let her take power over the camp. Like I would kill my only family left! Hectors says "Shes been bit". I give him a sharp look and say " You know the rules" Hectors face turns pale and nods. He takes Maria out of the camp. I hear her scream. I smile a bit. She's finally gone I think to myself. Hector enters the camp with blood over his shirt and face.

(Evelyn pov)

I wake up and run over to Tyler's bed. I shake him awake and he frowns. I half yell " Hi Ty Ty!" His frown changes to a smile as soon as I say this. "Ready to start this day or how I like to say a challenge". He sits up in his bed and smiles. He says " You know I am! "