Chapter 1: 5 Years Ago

Everything was peaceful. Snow was calmly falling, as a family of four were spending time together in their cozy little home out in the middle of the woods. Everything seemed normal until one of the young boys sprung up and ran outside.

Upon going outside the young boy found a girl his age unconscious in the snow. Thinking quickly the boy picked her light body up and brought her inside.

Miru's POV

Warmth... I feel warm.. Where am I? Who am I? Wait I think I remember my name.... Miru... Thats all I can remember... Why can't I remember?

Opening my eyes I was greeted with the faces of two identical boys about my age. They both had silver hair and lavender eyes. Startled by the sudden presence of people I sprung up out of the bed I was laying in and backed into a wall.

"who are you?? where am I??" I shouted the panic setting in. Both boys jumped because of my sudden movement but quickly regained composure.

"Calm down! we aren't going to hurt you" the boy on the right spoke his voice was soft and full of concern. "I found you outside laying in the snow" the boy on the left spoke up his voice was a little more mature.

Two adults walked into the room and stood right behind the boys. A lady with sand blonde hair pulled into a low side pony tail with lavender eyes and a man with silver hair and brown eyes. The lady smiled at me before coming over and kneeling in front of me.

"Hun, whats your name?" she spoke with a soft motherly voice that calmed my nerves. "M-Miru" I stuttered as I try to calm down. She smiles at me before pointing to the boy of the right "This is my son Ichiru and that is my son Zero. And that man right there is my Husband" she continued to then point to the boy on the left and then to the man standing behind them.

She turned back to look at me and her smile dropped and a look of concern appeared "now hun where are your parents?" she asked. I shook my head as my eyes start to tear up. "I-I don't know... I-I can't remember!" tears start to fall, both of the boys ran over and hugged me. One on each of my sides. "Its okay! she can stay with us! right mother?" Ichiru spoke up looking at his mother.

She looked up at her husband, he nodded before she turned to look at the three of us nodding herself. The boys both smile as I wipe my tears. "A-are you sure? I won't be intruding?" I ask looking her straight in the eyes. She shook her head and reach out grabbing both my hands. "Of course you can stay hun. I've always wanted a daughter. Plus you look just like us so you'll fit in well"

I could feel a smile appear on my lips as I look at her "thank you!" I start to giggle as Ichiru and Zero both smile at me. "Guess that makes her a Kiryu now" her husba- I mean Father spoke. "Of course she's a Kiryu now Miru Kiryu" Mother spoke standing up and walking towards the door.

"Boys let her have some rest now, she's had a long day. So head on to bed" as instructed both boys let me go but not without saying goodnight first and headed off towards their room. Soon everyone was out of the room and I was left alone. Crawling back into the bed I was previously in, I got cozy. Closing my eyes letting sleep take over.