Prol: The Ultimate Mission

Babysitting was the most ridiculous thing he would ever do in life.

     Not a mission today. Or well, not a mission of any importance, at least. Commander Abraham thought of giving him the day off, but a call came in last minute.

     And now he was stuck outside Cream's house, waiting for the rabbit's mother to finish giving instructions while she delivered to the special G.U.N catering.

     "... Make sure she eats her broccoli, then tuck her in bed by midday." Vanilla said, arms tied with boxes of cakes. The black hedgehog just looked at her, like he was expecting to get the whole ordeal over with.

     She smiled warmly. "Thank you for doing this, Shadow. I'll make sure to tell the general you arrived on time."

     He grunted.

Cream was surprisingly not that obnoxious, unlike most children. She ate her food well, and didn't even whine when Shadow refused to get her ice cream. Occasionally, the little girl would go to the bakery located behind their house, and say 'Hi' to anybody who dropped by for sweets.

     They were currently in the middle of a tea party, her teddy bears sitting across the table with miniature plastic teacups filled with orange juice. Shadow was too big for any of the chairs.

     "Muffins wants the pitcher," Cream giggled, her tone squeamishly high-pitched. The hedgehog sighed and placed the tall china jar right next to the pathetic stuffed toy with a red bow.

     "Muffins is happy!"

     Someone end my suffering.

     "Would you like some more tea, Mister Shadow?"

     "No." He replied.

     ... It grew silent for a while.

     She looked at him in respectful disappointment, but gleamed brightly anyway.

     "I know you're not having fun, Mister Shady, and that's okay. Amy usually enjoys my tea parties, so we thought you would too."

     The hedgehog cocked an eyebrow. "Well, why the hell isn't she here to take my job?" He didn't care at how atrocious his language was in front of a kid.

     "Mommy tried to invite Amy, I was really excited! But when she came ... she tried to ..." the color on her face drained, "... bite ... me?"

      Shadow cocked his eyebrow even more. Strange piece of information.

     Her lips pursed. "I don't know. S -- s -- she was scary, Mister Shady. We had to call for help. Mommy says she's sick."

     No wonder he got substituted. The general bailed Vanilla out with him so she could serve dessert in the executive meeting. A pawn, basically.

     The wind soon carried the chimes of bakery bells all the way into the room. Cream forgot her dreadful conversation and grinned again. "Yay, customers!"

     Shadow boredly leaned across the mini-chair. The stupid eyes of the teddy bears were staring straight back at him.

     Laughter. He could hear it from the other side.

     "Mister Shadieee, look who I brought!"

     Normally, Shadow wouldn't give a crap. Anyone who occupied his time with Cream would be a blessing.

     Yet, with one little less glimpse of blue, he almost fell off the chair.

-----

A/N

Ffs, I haven't written in Wattpad for almost two months! I'm so sorry!

I've been ridiculously busy 24/7. This is going to sound sad, but please don't expect this book to be updated as frequently as I used to :( It's hard to concentrate with putting words when you got so much shit going around. Don't worry! I won't quit writing. I will finish the story eventually, though it'll take a longer time than my other ones (damn, "Infinite x Scourge: Pity" only took me half a summer).

Thank you for your patience everyone!