3. New Kid?

Chapter 3

Once the weekend was over, everyone had returned to school, wishing that it wasn't Monday.  Monday was perhaps the worst day in Peach Creek but wasn't it like that everywhere?  At least this Monday was going to be different.  Double D had returned and that had grabbed nearly everyone's attention.  Most of Peach Creek didn't remember him, only the kids of the Cul-de-sac, and that meant that they were technically getting a new kid, something that didn't happen often.  Therefore, everyone sat quietly in their first class, waiting to see the 'new kid'.  Every girl was excited to see a potential new boyfriend and every guy was debating whether or not he'd be cool enough to be friends with.

Kevin sat in his first class, staring out the window as everyone whispered about Double D.  Despite years without contact, he came back with everyone attached to him.  In fact, even Kevin, who used to bully him everyday, found himself wondering about him.  The day they ate pizza and helped him set a few things up, Kevin had watched him and found him completely different than he did the first time he saw him pull up in that fancy car.  Before he thought him tall, a hot guy, but that day Kevin saw that he had some very feminine features.  He was shorter than Kevin by a few inches and was thin.  His blue eyes were also surrounded by long, thick lashes that Kevin usually found attractive in a girl.  That was the thing, however, Double D was not a girl.

The day after that, Sunday, everyone tried to get Double D to hang out with them.  They all grouped up and knocked on his door to ask him to watch some movies.  Edd had answered the door, freshly out of a shower with a towel covering his hair.  Thick black strands hung out but it looked like he threw it there quickly.  But that wasn't what Kevin was looking at.  The nerd was wearing clothes, but the parts of him that were uncovered, his neck and colarbone, was what Kevin was staring out.  His skin was creamy just like a girls too.  Was the only manly part about him was what he hid in his pants?

Double D refused to hang out with him, saying he had last minute things with his sister to take care of and sent them all to hang out with themselves like usual.  But now it was Monday, and there was no way he could blow them off now.  Kevin had a feeling he was hiding something and he wanted to find out more than he should.  "Alright guys, as you may have heard, we have someone new joining us for the rest of the school year." the teacher said, putting on his glasses.  Mr. Gerald was a fat, balding teacher who no one really liked.  Eddy, who sat in the back with Ed by his side, called, "He isn't new!"  Causing a new nods and "yeahs" from the other Cul-de-sac kids that shared the same class.  Those other kids being Rolf and Jimmy.

The teacher rolled his eyes and looked up when the principal escorted Double D into the classroom.  "Here's your first class," she said, nodding towards the students, "I would help you find the rest but I'm busy."  Double D smiled, revealing his gap, "I'll be fine.  I'm sure finding my way will be quite easy."  The Principal looked taken back by his kindness, perhaps from years of getting attitude from teenagers.  She smiled at him before wishing Mr. Gerald a good day and making her way back into the hallway.  Mr. Gerald went up to Double D and shook his hand, "Welcome to our school.  I'm Mr. Gerald and I'll be your homeroom teacher."  

Edd shook his hand and the teacher pointed a seat out to him, not being the one to make students introduce themselves.  He sat a seat and a row away from Kevin and the redhead nodded in acknowledgement when Double D smiled in his direction.  That smile.  It made Kevin's heart speed up just a little bit.  Wait! No no no!  

By the time lunch hour came, Kevin noticed that Double D was in two of his classes so far.  And as he sat with the rest of the football team at their usually lunch table, he wondered how many more times he would see him.  Certainly lunch was going to count because the dark haired teen walked in with the usual Eddy group and sat with them at the other side of the cafeteria.  Kevin watched carefully until someone hit him on his back.  Kevin whipped around to see Nat smiling like the Devil at him.  "What the hell do you want?" he asked, biting into the disgusting pasta they were serving today.  Nat nodded in Double D's direction.  "You knew the new kid when you were younger right?" he asked, wiggling his eyebrows.  

Kevin shrugged, "I guess.  We weren't that close."

"Y'know, he's pretty cute."

Nat's words caused Kevin to choke and he hit his chest to regain his breath.  Nat was the last new kid to come to Peach Creek High two years ago.  He was perhaps Kevin's best friend even though he questioned him a lot.  It was also well known that Nat was gay through and through.  God knows how many times he hit on the football team, despite being apart of it.  A lot of the guys were homophobes, but seeing as it was Nat, who could get very threatening, they left him alone.  From time to time, however, Kevin caught them whispering about Nat harshly.

"What do you mean cute?" he asked, finally breathing right.  Nat messed up his green hair a little and sat in a position where it was easy to see Edd.  "Look at him!" he laughed, "Dark hair, blue eyes, tight butt!"  Kevin couldn't help but look.  Nat was right.  "I wonder why he wears that hat.  I'd like to see him without it." he hummed.  Kevin looked at the hat, worn out from years of use but still on top of the geeks head.  "I don't think he'll take it off unless he's alone." he muttered.  They saw him for a little bit without it when they first saw him again, but he was quick to put it back on.  "Well I don't know about you, but I'm thinking about tapping that."