3:

The sunlight touched my skin as I stretched my arms out with a smile. I let out a sigh.

"Morning Ja..."

My eyes locked on to my alarm clock. 7:55.

"FUCK I DIDNT HEAR IT!" I yelled, jumping off the bed immediately and running into the restroom.

I have fifteen minutes to get to school on time. Fifteen minutes! I quickly brushed my teeth.

What happened Hayley?! I think.

I put my hair in a messy bun and run back into my room. I opened up the drawer and just picked random pieces of clothing for today's outfit and volleyball.

"Oh my gosh!" I whine. It occurs to me that I dreamt of Jack last night.

I plop down on the floor, "Oh my God. What's going on?"

"THIS CANT BE HAPPENING!!!" I yell, crawling towards my closet.

"Hayley get yourself together," I tell myself.

I'm insane. I'm going crazy.

"OH MY GOD!!!"

The drive to school was quick. I figured the bell already rang but there was still students walking to class. Jack was waiting by the entrance.

"Hey what happened to you?"

"Just. Just stay away from me!" I plead, taking off to class.

"Hayley?" I hear as I'm running to class, I feel a hand grab my wrist.

"What?" I scream, as he twirls me around to face him.

"What happened? Are you alright?"

"Nothing Jack, I'm just..." My voice trails off. "Just stay away from me," I finally say.

I turn around and walk away, leaving Jack standing there.

* * *

Lunch was super awkward, we all went to eat at Pizza Hut.

"So uh guys?" Jack J says.

Liz looks at me, I know she knows. Everybody at the table looks at each other except for Jack, he is looking at no one.

"Well I'm going to head back to school early. I'm pretty full," I lie, but I was going to stop at the house and get snacks.

"I'll go with you," Liz says, getting off her seat.

Damn it.

Once we exit the building, she grabs my wrist.

"What the hell happened with you and Gilinsky?"

"Get in the car," I say and she lets go of her hold. Rolling her eyes, she slides into the passenger seat. She's mad.

I take a deep breath and get in the drivers seat.

"Spill Richardson," she says before I even shut the door.

I start the engine and back out of the space.

"I had this dream of Jack. The most realistic dream and it made me go insane Liz. It was one of those dreams that make you see the person differently. As in feelings for Jack."

"No way."

"Dude, I swear, I can't do it he's my best friend. We practically met again two days ago and he has a girlfriend."

Liz let's out a sigh, "He missed you all those years Hay. Somehow it was hard for him to get in contact with you."

I keep my eyes on the road, trying not to look at Liz. It's like that quote about the best friends, where they can fall in love too late or forever. Except I don't think I'm in love with him.

"I'm stopping by at my house for some food, because I'm going to be so damn hungry later."

"Okay," Liz says.

Nothing is said after that.

* * *

Practice made me forget about the events today. I think I might be overreacting, but then again I do not know.

"Alright girls, here is the schedule," the coach says, handing out the papers.

I look at it carefully. The first game is in two weeks, Tuesday, August 20th. I continued to scan through the dates, our last game would be Friday, October 25th.

"Be ready to go hard at practices these next two weeks and so on," the coach says.

I immediately noticed we play Benson that last game. Dang. We continue, for about fifteen minutes, talking about the game schedule.

* * *

"Hay?" My mom says. She's already going to ask me about something and I've only been here at home for five minutes.

"Yeah mom?" I say, I have a feeling it's about Jack.

"Jack came by earlier," I knew it. "And he just wanted to know if you're okay, I told him you were at practice but I would let you know he came by. What happened?"

"Nothing," I quickly answered.

"Hayley Alexandria."

Well mom, let me out it at the fact I might be catching feelings for my long lost best friend. He has a girlfriend and let me just say it all started with a dream.

I start debating quickly in my head if I want to tell my mother the truth.

But I decide not to.

"Nothing, it's just a misunderstanding mom, I was exhausted from the night before," I lie, completely lie. "Tell him I'm okay next time."

She smiles.

Convinced her.

"Okay honey," she says with the same smile on her face.

"So yeah, just know everything is a-okay."

Another lie.

She laughs and continues to ask me about practice. I tell her and show her the game schedule. She loved the fact we're playing Benson the last game.

The time goes by quick while I talk to my mom about volleyball. It's 9:15.

"Well time for me to go shower and do some homework," I say.

Homework has now started, but I always knew how to finish fast.

* * *

Jack's face kept appearing in my mind. The face he had when I told him stay away, the face he had at the lunch table. It was 12:45 and I still could not sleep. I sigh and breathe slowly, closing my eyes hoping to just sleep and not dream.