Chapter 42

Cameron Dallas POV

"Breaking news; there has been a massive fire at Rockers Field Prison. Serval inmates have escaped, but at this time it is unclear as to WHO has escaped. Please be on the look out and call the police if you see ANYTHING or ANYONE suspicious. Thank you," and the loud speaker went dead. Wait a minute, isn't that the prison that Cole is at? Clark releases from my hold and runs to the ticket counter, this sudden change in harsh movement has confirmed my worst fear. I run after Clark and make it to the ticket counter right after her.

"How much longer till our flight leaves," she frantically questions the man behind the tall desk.

"About 45 minutes, we will be boarding in about 10. Is everything alright Miss?" the man asks confusedly.

"Now it is, I hope," she replies.

"Let me know if you need something," and the man starts to help the couple behind us. Clark walks to the window and I notice what she is wearing because she pops brightly against this colorless airport. She is in bright red linen shorts, a white cami tucked in, and to top it off a thin mint green scarf. Clark always brings life to wherever she is, whether she thinks so or not. She walks over to the window and leans up against it with her forehead pressed against the glass. Normally Clark's head would just be touching but now the baby bump is touching, baby Dallas is going to be here soon. God I hope nothing happens to my wife or child. I make my way over to Clark and wrap my arms above the baby bump and right under her chest, squeezing her tightly.

"Sweetheart."

"What are the chances," Clark quietly mutters.

"For anyone else, none. But we're us, and you are you, and the one in a million chance happens to you," I mutter back.

"Us. Don't say 'you' anymore. We are one, the chances happen to us."

"Us," Clark turns around and just holds on to me, she doesn't cry, just looks out the window as she holds on. I see out of the corner of my eye Rose walking over to us.

"That prison fire," she clears her throat to restart her sentence, "is that prison close to here?"

"Yes it's close," and I see the immediate worry flash across her eyes.

"Do you two know someone in there?"

"Yah, the person that stabbed Clark," and I feel Clark shutter under my words.

"Oh my god."

"Don't worry Rose. We are going to be out of here in just a half an hour, we will be fine," then I hear Nash yelling on the phone, Taylor running to us, and Hayes making his way to Nash, which Rose leaves us and makes her way to Nash and Hayes.

"Clark honey," Taylor says as he reaches us.

"I don't want to think or talk about it, please. We are ALMOST out of here, he can't follow us."

"No he can't," and I kiss the top of her head.

Nash Grier POV

"I can't believe you," I scream louder then I intended to now drawing attention to myself. I see Hayes and Rose making there way to me, great.

"Not my problem Nash," the voice on the other side says.

"Nash," Hayes questions.

"You're yelling. I think you should lower your voice, people are going to ask questions," Rose states calmly.

"You are heartless you know that, no heart at all, it's going to bite you in the ass one day. And I won't be there to help you," I scream into my phone.

"Have a nice time in Italy," and the phone call ends.

"NO! Let me talk to h-" but Rose cuts me off.

"NASH GRIER! Lower your voice!" Rose firmly says through her teeth.

"Rose has a point Nash, we will fix this. We just need time," Hayes adds.

"I'm running out of time."

*20 minutes later*

We all got on the plane; Clark, Cameron, and Taylor are sitting in one row and Hayes, Rose, and I are right behind them. Rose starts to shuffle in her seat and pulls out her phone, she has a confused look on her soft face.

"What's wrong Rose?" Hayes presses.

"It is now time for all electronic devices to be turned off now, please," a flight attendant says through the speaker. I see Rose shut off her phone and put it back in her pocket.

"Rose?" I ask.

"Oh it was just your dad," she looks between us. We start to take off and head for Italy, "I'm sure it's nothing. Let's just enjoy the flight to our new stress free home," but our new home will be anything but stress free. Our family can NEVER avoid tragedy...

Here is the last chapter! I'm so sad it's ending, but I'm also excited for Risk. Please again come read it when I upload it!!! I will post on here when it's up! But can anyone guess what's up with Cole? Rose? Nash? 😏 -Alandra