▷six.

━━━ ❨ it's all fake! ❩

A FAKE RELATIONSHIP was the last thing Stephanie Knight ever thought she'd be in, and the last thing she thought was cause a fight with her very bestfriend. "Really, Steph?" Stefan's voice echoed through the phone, "Him, of all people?"

"Will you just calm down, please Stef?" She knew he would be a little upset once he found out considering how douche the jocks were to him, but she didn't think he'd be so mad he had to yell. "It's ...." What she was about to say was It's a fake relationship but she and Scott hadn't exactly discussed who they'd be telling, if they would tell anyone at all, "He's, uhm, he's a nice guy!"

"That's usually what girls say when they friend zone guys." He huffs.

"Well not me." She laughs, hoping it'll make Stefan laugh aswell. He always did find her laugh to be contagious, so it worked, "Okay, You're dating a douche, so what." He says, "But listen if he breaks your hea-"

"He won't," And she's probably right, since it's all fake and no ones catching feelings, heartbreaks are completely out of the equation.

"But if he does ..."

"He doesn't." She shakes her head before correcting herself, "Isn't, I mean. Look at you, making me mess up my words."

"You did that all on your own." He laughs, "Okay listen, I gotta go. I love you." She hums and hangs the phone. She gets from her bed to grab her laptop and open up Netflix. When the movies load up her cursor moves straight to the continue watching list and she presses On My Block.

As the teens on her computer screen practice a dancing lesson, tapping begins on her window. Stephanie looks up, seeing it's coming from a hand. The girl sighs, pausing the show and getting up. To her surprise it's Scott, crouching on the rooftop, "Open up." He says just loud enough to her to hear through the glass.

"Do I even wanna know how you found my room, let alone my address ?" She watches as the boy climbs through her window, almost stumbling once he makes it inside.

"No, you don't."

"And you're here, because ...?" She closes the window and plops back down onto her bed.

"Melina ....texted .....me." His sentence breaks as he's catching his breathe. Climbing up to Stephanie's room without being seen was a lot easier said than done.

"Right ....., and I would care why ?"

"Because! She said, and I quote, Out of every girl in the school you picked her ? You probably don't even know her middle name." He reads the text, making his voice as nasally as possible in order to sound like the girl.

His attempts to unintentional mock Melina sent Stephanie to the floor. All you could hear at this point was her laughter. "So, you mean .." She breaks into another fit of laugher before she can finish the sentence. Scott takes a seat in the girl's desk chair as she controls herself. "So you mean to tell me, you ran all the way to my house, climbed through my window, and now you sit in my chair, all just to tell me your ex texted you. You could've just called or texted me that shit."

"It was a spur of the moment thing. I dunno, but your middle name ?"

"How long ago did she text it ?" She sits on her bed again as Scott looks down to his phone, checking the time of the messages.

"Like ten minutes ago, why ?"

"Just checking, because if you waited too long to text back it'd look like you didn't actually know. But it's Daphne."

"Stephanie Daphne Knight?" He chuckles.

"Yes, and what about it ?" The girl purses her lips.

"Nothing." He says as he types on is keyboard. Stephanie watches him, focused and clenching his jaw when an idea pops into her mind, she doesn't take the chance of saying it before acting on it so she stands and snatches Scott's phone from his hand. "The fuck?" He complains.

"Not texting her back would be a better idea."

"You couldn't have said that before yanking my phone away?" Each of his eyebrows rise.

"Will you shut the fuck up? My mom is home y'know. Besides if I didn't snatch the phone you probably would've sent the text by now."

"Well, damn. Okay."

"And you can't just come running to my fucking house everytime Melina asks you something about me."

"Well maybe if I knew more about you, that wouldn't happen." The boy slouches down in the chair, "Matter fact, let's work on that now."

"If you're implying we have sex, it's not happening, sir."

He bounces up to a normal sitting position, "No, no. Not at all." He corrects, "I mean..." He sighs, "I mean, actually know stuff about you. Couples usually know everything about eachother. Like, now I know your middle name, that's a good start."

"Oh. Okay," She says, "Let me think then." She looks to her white ceiling as she try's to figure out something to say to him, "Uhm, I like the color purple?"

"Dope. My turn I guess."