7. Pain

- Minhee -

NO work for today, but I wasn't happy to stay home. I spent another Saturday alone at home. I wondered if he would be back today or else I again had to sleep alone.

He didn't even respond my calls anymore, no idea what kind of work he was doing.

Someone rang the doorbell, it was him. I even recognized him by the way he rings the doorbell. Without wasting a single second, I ran to open the door.

There he was standing in front of me looking tired as usual. He walked in without even glancing at me.

I followed him to our room and he went to the bathroom without speaking a word.

At this point, I started feeling that he was tired of me.

Soon he walked out with a towel wrapped around his waist. "how are you, Taehyung?" I wrapped my arms around his bare stomach but he immediately removed them.

"I'm tired."

"of me?" I asked, yes I did.

The worst part is, I got ignored. I felt like crying, so I left the room as a tear left my eye. I hated myself for letting him hurt me like this, and I hated him for being like this, but I still loved him.

No idea know what to do, where to go, so I went to the kitchen and started cutting onions into possible small pieces. Those onions helped me to cry more.

"MINHEE!" he shouted my name. I splashed the cool water on my face before going back to our room. He immediately hugged me tightly when I walked in.

No idea what was going on his mind but it was hurting me, his behavior was hurting me, his actions were hurting me.

In a few seconds, he broke the hug and his eyes were clearly avoiding mine. "I'm sorry," he apologized but had no idea what was the reason behind his apology.

"Why?" I asked.

There was a long silence and it was killing me inside. He spoke, " I'm getting married," he said, making my eyes get wide.

His eyes were still avoiding mine as if he did something wrong.

"Then what about me? What about us? What am I to you? What are we?" I asked and tears started to well up in my eyes again.

He stayed silent.

"Is someone forcing you?" I cupped his cheeks and made him face me.

He looked directly into my eyes which lasted only for a few seconds before his pair ignored mine.

"No one is forcing me" he removed my hands from his cheeks. So, I couldn't even touch him now?

"Then why?" I asked.

"Because-"

He sighed, "Because I got her pregnant." Those five words were enough to break my heart into millions of pieces.

"P-Pregnant? Does that mean you cheated on me?" I asked, no idea why I did that, it was obvious that he cheated on me.

"Yes."

My boyfriend just admitted that he cheated on me. Should I laugh or cry? But I realized that I was already a crying mess.

"Why?" I asked almost in a whisper.

"Am I not good enough for you?" I asked in a calm voice. I also wanted to shout and throw things here and there but that wouldn't lead me anywhere, it wouldn't change the truth.

"You are perfect, it's just I don't love you anymore," he said.

The confusing part was I saw tears in his eyes.

"You're lying," I said, biting my lips and waited for him to respond.

"You know where I was for a week? I never had to work overtime, I was with her. I went to her every night-" I slapped him hard and he held his left cheek, still couldn't look at my eyes directly.

"You should have told me before that you don't love me anymore, I would have left. Why do you have to hurt me like this? Why do you have to cheat on me?" I asked, no answer from him.

I felt like I was wasting my time asking those.

"You know what? I'll just leave silently" I wiped my tears.

I searched for a suitcase and shoved my clothes in it. He grabbed my hand stopping me, "You don't have to leave this house, we both have paid for it so I'll leave," he said.

"This house is full of our memories and I don't want to recall them after what happened, so I'll leave." I pushed him away and continued packing.

I couldn't stop my tears so I cried and he just stood there watching me cry, it hurt me.

Without even looking back, I dragged my suitcase and left the house. The sky was already dark up there, I walked to a nearby bus stop and waited for a bus.

People were giving me weird looks but I didn't care about them and continued crying.

A car stopped right in front of me and the window was pulled down. I didn't recognize the person because of blurry vision caused my excess amount of tears.

"Minhee, what are you doing here?" I recognized the voice now, it was Jimin.

He got out of the car and kneeled down in front of me and, "Are you okay?" he wiped my tears.

"Are you going somewhere?" he asked when he noticed my suitcase.

"J-Jimin, can you send me home?" I asked, his eyes were still fixed on the suitcase with a confused expression.

"Let's go" he carried my suitcase and I got into his car. He drove the car and swerved to the wrong direction.

"Jimin." I pulled his shirt. "My home is in that direction," I pointed to the right one.

"But-"

"We broke up," I said, holding back my tears.

"What? Why?" he asked with widened eyes. "Ask him" I looked in the other direction. He didn't dare to speak a word after that.

Soon we reached home, "Thank you." I bowed at him and walked inside while dragging the suitcase.

The moment I closed the door from inside, I fell down on my knees and broke down in tears.

"Minhee." A familiar woman ran to me, "Hyejin." She was my maid until I left the house and started living with him, and the caretaker of the house after I left.

"Are you okay?" she helped me and brought the suitcase to my room as I followed her like a zombie.

"Shall I make you something to eat?" she asked. "Hyejin, please leave me alone," I said and she hesitantly left.

After a while of staring at the ceiling, I walked to the basement and to one of the rooms where I never stepped before.

There were so many bottles, but I had no idea about them, which one was strong. I grabbed a random one and poured it into a glass.

"Alcohol relieves pain, right?"

•••