I

Every story, as sad, horrible, terrible or heart wrenching it may be, has at least, its part of happiness as fleeting as it could be.

Their love had been one like those seen so many times. The friends growing to cultivate feelings for each other without realizing it.

They had been neighbors and had played together since toddlers. They started walking around the same age and once they learned to talk they were most of the time, talking to each other. It wasn't that much of a change, just that the baby language they used now turned into something the adults around them could understand and laughed about when they judged it too cute or funny.

He distanced himself a bit once at school though, wishing to stay with his boy friends company, often arguing with her to stop following him. Quite the stubborn person she was, she wouldn't exactly listen and more often than not, she was surrounded by boys instead of playing with girls her age. A real tomboy she became, more daring than any boy when it comes to mischief.

The situation eased in middle school. She became a bit more feminine while he outgrew his childish temper.

By high school, they were back to being the best friends in the world, analyzing for the other the good and bad points of the person they were crushing on.

The revelation, by the time they were finished with university, was late to come but once she understood, she was fast to try and steal his heart. He mustn't marry, not if the one he chose wasn't her. Persistent, more than ever, he admitted, at last, his own changed feelings. They stopped beating around the bush, finally! The best friends in the world, successfully became lovers, later fiancé, and spouses.

Such a grant wedding it was, a happy occasion that reunited many families. The love story had reached its pinnacle and like most stories do, was now nearing its end.