Chapter 1: Part 1: 'Calling Card'

After a long day, Akira laid down on his uncomfortable bed and slept. But it seems God— a god that doesn't play dirty— had a different plan. Akira's eyes opened and widened as he saw the familiar ceiling and heard the familiar dripping of a toilet and felt the familiar bed and clothes. He sat up and saw something... shocking to say the least. Igor and Lavenza was in the middle of the room- Morgana too. Akira was more surprised that Morgana was alive. Scanning the room once more, he saw familiar and unfamiliar faces, fast asleep. The Phantom Thieves and other highschoolers, whom he knew because of his mission. Akira looked back at Morgana and gulped.

"M-Morgana...? You're alive?" That was the first time Morgana had ever heard Akira stutter. Akira walked out of his cell and hugged Morgana, catching him by surprise.

"L-Leader?!" Akira let go off Morgana.

"It's been a while." Morgana smirked and nod. He looked at Lavenza and put a thumbs up. She summoned Trumpeter and Akira immediately stood up and covered his ears. After he did this, Trumpeter blew his trumpet loudly, causing everyone to wake up immediately. Ryuji and Ann fell off their beds; Makoto woke up and covered her ears, crouching on her bed as did Yusuke; Haru crouched in a corner with her hands over her ears; Futaba went under her bed and covered her ears using her headphones; a silver haired kid stayed lying down but covered his ears; a brown haired kid with headphones covered his ears as he ran into a corner; a brown haired girl covered he ears, burying her head into her pillow as did the blue haired girl who looks like a boy; a delinquent looking male grabbed onto his ears and sat up; a girl with long black hair covered her ears in a corner as did a boy with blonde hair and blue eyes. Eventually, the trumpet stopped and everyone released their ears and stood up. The Phantom Thieves looked in the middle and saw Akira and rattled the door to their cage. It seems they forgot about the velvet room.

"Akira/-kun/-san!" They shouted. Akira nod his head. Lavenza coughed, successfully gaining everyones attention, and she gestured to the room's owner.

"My master would very much like to speak with all of you," she said, "Please ward off your weariness and hold all your questions until he is finished speaking." Igor then raised his head, and began to talk.

"Welcome to the Velvet Room. This place exists between dream and reality. Mind and matter. Now, it appears we have more guests than usual. Some familiar, some not. I would like to apologize for the abruptness of your summoning, but I require you all to lend some assistance to me. It is a burdensome task, I admit, but it is quite important." Akira sighed in slight annoyance. It seemed like his life was now some sort of endless cycle of misery where he was never allowed to have more than a month or two to just decompress from fighting monsters. Well, he was off for almost a year but you know what he means. He gathered that his friends probably felt the same way as well. But he knew that if Igor was in a position to go out of his way and ask them for help, then it must've been important.

"Inmate." Akira looked at Lavenza as the others were surprised at how casual Akira was at the name.

"Lavenza." 'So... He knows her?' They thought.

"It seems I miscalculated. You are still indeed a prisoner of fate and that you shall continue to be... This game is still unjust... But there is still a possibility awaiting you... Please, save the world from ruin... Beat this unjustified game... Once more, Mementos has returned. But no have palaces have formed. Save everyone from destruction. And save Minato Arisato." Akira looked at Igor, knowing Igor was going to speak.

"You know me too well, Trickster." Nodding, Akira told him to go on.

"Igor?" Akira looked around to see the silver hair boy walking out of his cell, amusing Akira. "What happened to the velvet room? And Margaret?" He demanded answers.

"This is not your velvet room. The velvet room differs based on who owns it." A boyish voice spoke for him. He looked down to see a talking cat. "The owner of this velvet room is the person in front of you, Akira Kurusu. You must be Souji Seta." He nod his head, slightly in shock. "I'm Morgana. I guide the unfamiliar faces." Souji nod his head, still confused.

"Anyway, I have summoned you all here for one reason and one reason alone. To save Minato Arisato from death." Akira's eyes widened slightly but went unnoticed. "You will be transported into his time and gain his trust. Become his ally and save him. Or else the world will be destroyed." Souji and Akira looked at him, seriously. Igor never jokes and never overstates anything. "Do not let anyone know of your true intentions. It will cause a wipe of memory. You will keep your ways of summoning your Persona. And fighting any shadows." They raised an eyebrow and then proceeded to ask him about the other way of summoning a Persona. "In this time, they summoned a Persona by shooting themselves." Everyone but Makoto, Naoto and Akira were surprised and undeniably shocked. Makoto spoke.

"I see... By shooting themselves it symbolises accepting death and knowledge of mortality. This evokes their Persona." Hearing this, Souji and his friends thought about their summoning technique. As did the Phantom Thieves. Only now did they realise how symbolic their ways are.

"You are allowed to collect and fuse persona's but the velvet room will be presented as an elevator as that is Minato Arisato's velvet room. However, Lavenza will be replaced with Caroline, Justine, Margaret and Minato's velvet room helper, Elizabeth. Your fusions will have the same product as your own time. And you can keep your final persona's, Izanagi-No-Okami and Sataneal. Good luck. You'll need it." And just like that, the velvet room turned into an elevator. The people felt as wave of nausea. Before he lost consciousness, he heard Lavenza speak again.

"Per your convenience," She spoke, "You will each be provided with a bag of clothes, a time-appropriate smartphone, and enough funds to get by for the time being. In addition, you will each be provided with a familiar weapon."

"Huh," Akira muttered, "I guess we're not too bad off then. I suppose that it was all paid for using my money?" Lavenza smirked.

"Yes. Your friends are lucky that you made such frequent use of the compendium." She bowed down with a light smile on her face. "Well, I wish you all

the best of luck."