:Chapter Five:

"Peter, I didn't know you had a sister," Dr. Banner says as he takes a seat at the conference table we all currently sit at as well.

"Oh, yeah," Peter chuckles, "This is my sister, Abby. Abby, this is the scientist I was telling you about, Dr. Banner."

"It's nice to meet you, Dr. Banner," I smile, shaking his hand, "You can call me Abigail."

"Nice to meet you as well, Abigail."

"Bruce, would you mind keeping Abigail here company while I talk to Peter?" Tony asks, standing from his chair. Peter does the same, with a look of confusion on his face.

"Uh, n-no I don't mind," Banner stutters as Tony and Peter exit the room.

I sit quietly, checking my phone as we wait for the two to return, "Dr. Banner."

"Y-yes?"

I look up from my phone, placing it in my pocket, "Peter told me that you were good at math. Is that true?"

"Yeah, I would say I'm pretty good. I do have a few PhDs."

"Impressive. What study?"

"Well, I'm a Nuclear Physicist, but my other PhDs are along the same lines," he explains with a grin, finally starting to relax, "What about you?"

"I didn't go to college, but I am a mathematician by nature. Closest thing to a college was my father."

"You don't speak to him?"

"Nah," I shake my head and sigh, "He passed away a few years back. Helicopter malfunction."

"Oh," Banner frowns, speaking softly, "I'm sorry."

"It's alright," I smile reassuringly, "All he ever did was travel. He knew the risk every time he boarded a plane."

We both say nothing as we sit in silence, but turn our heads as the door opens.

"Abby," it was Peter, "Mr. Stark wants you to meet someone."

I nod and stand, placing a hand on Bruce's shoulder as I pass, "It was nice meeting you."

"Same here," he smiles, a light blush spread across his cheeks.

I follow Peter into another room and stand in front of an empty desk with a huff. Peter closes the door, but turn around to find him gone.

"Peter?" I turn to step towards the door, but pause, seeing a figure in the corner of my eye. I chuckle, facing the figure, "Barnes?"

"Why did you lie, Lillian?" Bucky asks as he moves to sit on the edge of the desk, "I'm sorry, I meant to say Abigail."

I huff and roll my eyes, crossing my arms, "Don't be so upset, spy-kid."

"Abigail Jones, 27 years old, recently engaged, works at a loan company in Massachusetts and has no other family except for a woman named May Parker."

"So you're a detective now?" I scoff, leaning against the wall, "I can name every person in this building and who they are. You're not special."

"Everyone?"

"All but you, but don't worry, it shouldn't take me long to figure it out. Especially since I know your friend Rogers."

"How?" he hisses, standing up from the desk, "How do you know him?"

"Calm down there, Iron Arm. Like I said, I know everyone that works with Stark. Including the Avengers."

"So why did you lie, change your hair and try to run away?"

"I wasn't sure who you were. Don't wanna wind up dead now do I?"

"Who are you?" He asks with a growl, crossing his arms.

"You just read it out loud a minute ago," I smile, looking him in the eyes, "Who are you?"

"Bucky Barnes. That's all you need to know."

"And all you need to know is what you already do. Now, where's Peter?"

"With Stark," he sighs, "What are you hiding? Are you an agent of some sort? A spy?"

"I'm a mathematician from Pennsylvania," I laugh, opening the door, "I'm the farthest thing from an agent. Now a spy on the other hand..."

I walk out of the room, cutting off Bucky's words as I shut the door behind me.