26

fiona
i throw on my jacket and side hug jake.
"i'll come back tomorrow to grab my bag." i tell him. he nods. surprisingly he's fine with derek coming and picking me up. i mean, we aren't dating so i don't see why he would have a problem with it.
"are you leaving?!?" i hear tessa exclaim. i nod turning around.
"just for the night. i'll be back tomorrow." i tell her. she nods and gives me a hug. my phone sings and i look at it
"he's here. i'll see you guys tomorrow." i say, giving jake one last hug and then walking out and to derek's car. i open the door and get it. the car smells like him, and secretly, it melts my insides, but i'm supposed to be mad at him so i don't show it.
"where's your shit?" he asks, pulling off.
"i'm only staying for the night, i'm coming back tomorrow." i say. he sighs.
"what do you see in him?" he asks.
"what do you mean? he's my friend." i say. derek gives me a look.
"friends don't film each other topless." he says.
"why are you so concerned about me? you weren't 4 days ago." i say. he glances at me and then back at the road. he grips the steering wheel with his left hand so hard, his knuckles turn white.
"i just don't wanna see you get hurt." he says.
"see me get hurt? so you think, seeing you post another girl on your instagram a day after leaving me, that i wouldn't get hurt? that i wouldn't feel some type of way, seeing you post about another girl? did you even think about that? or were you thinking with your other head at that time?" i ask. now i'm actually upset. he doesn't wanna see me get hurt, yet he's hurt me. he plays with his bottom lip, taking in what i just said, i'm assuming.
"you just don't wanna see me with another guy. your jealous." i say.
"i'm not jealous, fiona." he says, glancing at me then the road.
"so then why do you care about who i hang out with?!" i exclaim.
"because this isn't you!" he exclaims. i roll my eyes and stay quiet, watching the street lights pass by. about 3 minutes of silence pass by and then he talks again
"i care about you fiona. even if we aren't together or aren't talking or aren't on good terms, i'll care about you." he says. i don't realize i'm crying until i sniffles
"why are you crying?" he asks. i stay quiet and wipe my face
"fiona. talk to me." he says, parking next to a house.
"i'm fine." i say, wiping my face again.
"fiona.." he says. i look at him.
"i missed you." i say as a few tears come down. he sighs and pulls my arm towards him. i climb over the  console and sit on his lap, putting my head in his shoulder and crying. he rubs my back.
"i'm sorry i hurt you." he says. i pull away, wiping under my eyes.
"that was really low." i say.
"it was wasn't it?" he says
"people were asking if i was just a hookup." i say.
"what'd you tell them?" he asks
"that you'd didn't even sleep in my room while you were there." i say. he laughs.
"but that's still what it felt like." i say. he nods.
"to be fair, if i wanted to hookup with you and then drop you, i would've done it a lot sooner." he says. i punch his shoulder lightly, with a small laugh.
"you good now?" he asks with a smile. i nod and sniffle.
"who's here?" i ask, looking at the house.
"oof. as far as i know, kdl, johnson, gilinsky, sammy and hayes. but there could be more. but don't worry, their girls are here too." he says. i nod.
"and i look like shit." i say. he laughs.
"you look fine. are you wearing makeup?" he asks. i shake my head.
"just chapstick and mascara. well i was wearing mascara." i say. he laughs.
"you should of worn that....what's it called? water proof or some shit." he says. i laugh
"i didn't know i was gonna cry." i say. he laughs.
"i thought you were gonna get in the car and hug the shit out of me." he says. i give him a look.
"it took everything in me to not grab your face and kiss you." i say. he smiles.
"i bet it's a lot harder now." he says. i poke his dimple.
"nope. i despise you now. come on, i wanna go meet the others." i say, opening his door and getting out. he grabs my phone and hands me it and then gets out, grabbing his stuff and locking his car.
"new friends, here i come!" i exclaim and skip towards the door. i stop mid way
"i just remembered i don't like people." i say turning around. derek laughs.
"shut up."