49

fiona's pov
i plop down on the couch next to derek and he smiles.
"why are you smiling?" i ask.
"cuz you so cute." he says pulling me on his lap. i laugh and lean down and kiss him.
"oh i could get used to this." he says pulling away. i laugh and lay my head on his shoulder. he rubs light circles on my back and plays with my hair.
"your gonna make me go to sleep." i say. he laughs.
"i hope our kids have your accent." he says.
"i'm purposely gonna talk to them in an american accent." i say.
"noooo." derek whines. i laugh and sit up.
"how many kids do you want?" i ask, playing with the back of his hair.
"a boy and a girl." he says.
"one for you one for me." i say laughing. he nods with a smile.
"but the boy before the girl. so i can't teach him how to protect her." he says. i give him a look.
"i'd feel bad for my baby girl. she'd be too afraid to date anyone." i say. derek flexes.
"i'd be afraid too if my dad looked like this." he says and looks at his arms.
"your so stupid." i say pulling them down, with a smile.
"are you ever scared about what the future holds?" i ask. he nods.
"oh yea." he says and runs his fingers through his hair.
"why?" i ask.
"because, this is the most serious i've gotten with anyone." he says, rubbing my sides up and down.
"really?" i ask. he nods.
"i don't think i've ever discussed children or marriage with a girl before. much less bought a home with them." he says.
"i would've been fine in a apartment you know." i say. he nods.
"but i want you to have everything i can give you. your worth." he says. i get off of him and get up.
"your too cheesy." i say. he laughs.
"why would you be fine in an apartment?" he asks.
"because. anywhere with you feels like home." i say with a shrug
"and i'm the cheesy one." he says with a smile and an eye roll.
"you are." i say, throwing a pillow at him. he laughs, laying down in defeat. i sit on top of him.
"i've won!" i say, holding my hand up. he eyes sparkle with amusement.
"are you sure your 23?" he asks. i flip him off. he laughs.
"whats in your pocket?" i ask patting his pocket.
"nothing." he says.
"there's something. or is that your thing?" i ask. he raises an eyebrow and laughs.
"no. it's not." he says. i nod.
"just checking." i say. he shakes his head with a smile. i reach over to the coffee table and grab the remote, turning the tv on. playing, is one of derek's favorite movies, the departed. even tho it's an old movie, it's still really good. i lean back on derek's legs and watch the movie. his hands rest on my thighs and he's watching it as well.
"i'm grabbing a drink." i say. he nods. i get up and walk out of the living room
and to the kitchen. i grab a water from the fridge and then walk back into the living room. i take a drink of my water the set it on the coffee table. i then lay down on top of derek. he laughs and wraps his arms around me.

we ended up watching the rest of the movie, which makes it about, 7 at night.
"i'm sleepy." i say. he nods yawning and rubs my back.
"same." he says after his yawn.
"i could fall asleep right here." i say. he laughs.
"can you do one high before you do?" he asks. i nod and sit up.
"can you grab me my phone from in the room?" he asks. i groan but get up and walk out of the living room. i make my way down the hall and upstairs and to our room. i grab his phone off the charger and a blanket and then walk back downstairs.
"i brought a blanket just in case and we can use the pillows in here-" i cut myself off when i go to set derek's phone down. on the table is a small box, that's opened and has a very, very pretty ring in it. i smile and look at him.
"took you long enough." i answer with a teary laugh.
"is that a yes or?" he asks. i shake my head with a smile.
"of course it's a yes." i say. he smiles and i walk around to him. he grabs the ring and my hand and then slips it on, planting a soft kiss where it is.
"oh my god i hate you." i say looking at it.
"why?" he asks, pulling me down onto his lap.
"i don't know." i say and kiss him. he laughs and kisses me back. i pull away and smile.
"have my babies now." he says. i give him a look
"derek!"