The Label Experiment

I struggled with my sexuality for a long time. I was convinced I was straight for about 12 years. But one night, it just happened. I don't remember what it was, but I was sitting in bed, scrolling through Tumblr and dodie videos, when I did what every confused 12 year old does: look up "am i gay" quizzes. I took a few of them, looked at pride icons and sexuality definitions, listened to She, and I came to the conclusion that I was pan. It felt so right. It seemed to completely fit. I sent my best friend at the time "I'm Bi: a coming out song" and told her to replace bi with pan. Side note: because I can't drop the bad biography branding, I'm gonna call her Athena. She was so sweet and supportive and she really made me feel valid. It was just very aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa is basically the best description of the entire night. I felt like a completely new person, someone who could accept herself at least a bit more. It was a great night. Later, I felt more and more uncomfortable with the label pan, like it didn't completely fit me, so I switched to bi. For a while, not too long ago, I started to wonder if I wasn't bi, but rather a lesbian. I'm still not completely sure, but bi works. I'd like to give you this: just because you're not sure about your identity, or just because you change your label, doesn't mean you're any less valid. I love you, and you are so beautiful.