Chapter 20: What Happened?

I was up. In a house. Willy's. Lying on a sofa. God the back of my head is pounding real bad.  8 in the morning. Willy was on the floor. 'Hey dude, wake up," waking up Willy. He mumbles. A song came out of the blue. Took me a while to realize that it was my phone. "Juliette?" I answered. "Hello?" "Hey you. Em about yesterday, are you really serious?," she asked. "What did I say yesterday?," I asked, confused. She said I sent a text to her aksing if she wants to be mine. Then everything came back to me. "Oh fuck." "Umm, I guess so? Can I call you later? Okay?," said I trying to get off the phone. I put the phone down and woke Willy up and plead him to tell me what had happened yesterday. 

                "Dude wake up!"

                "What? Dude, go back to sleep. It's only 8 in the morning. Fuck man."

                "I need to know what happened yesterday!"

                He suddenly jolts up. "Hahah! Yesterday was awesome. And I helped you out with you know who." "How?!" "Let's get some coffee. Then I'll tell you the whole thing." We made coffee, and I'm telling you, it's the best thing to get after a hang over. 

                "So?" "So what?" "You little fucker. Yesterday." "Oh, sit down dude. Chill I'll tell ya." Willy is being annoying by lingering this. "So yesterday," he chuckled, "you were drunk." "Dude I know that!"  "Shhh. Haha. Okay here's the story. You gave me your phone didn't you? We were all so freaking wasted yesterday like whoa. And then we both went to the back alley and you puked," he said it like it was something funny. "Continue on," I said, not satisfied. "And then I took your phone out and told you I will text Jules and tell her you want to be with her. Here comes the best part, you even helped me out in it!," he laughed his ass off. "Not cool dude! You should have stopped me!," I shouted, full of regret. "You only live once. Look at the bright side, you're now with her right?"  He is right. Something I wanted to say to her for a long time has been said. Wow. I sat down on the chair in the kitchen and put my chin on my right arm. "A thank you would be nice," said Willy, patting my back. "Thank you Willy. Very much."

                Nightfall. I was smiling thinking about Juliette and I. Awkward. I called her up. I asked about her day and all. It was awkward talking to her and knowing she's mine since we only been up to the point of crushing for each other only. We laughed about it and laughed even more knowing the real story on how I can asked her to be my girl. See? It's awkward to say that she mine. But above all, I feel great. i feel like someone for once. Feels like all my worries gone for the night. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juliette's P.O.V.

                9.06 PM. I called Emma up just a momnets ago. We got a bit close these past few weeks. He's nice, I guess. I still remembered he scared off a girl in the boookstore and we both laughed like mad men. We couldn't stop laughing when we talked about it. It always makes me smile.

                 I was in my room, doing exactly nothing. Well I do have a book to read. But my mind wonders of what will we both be in the future? "Ah I should stop thinking about this," I said, realizing I have been thinking to much. I went under the covers of my bed and continue reading under my night light and fell asleep. I've never feel so tired. Tired.

                 *Ring* *ring* What's that sound? God it's annoying. Stop it. *ring* *ring* "Ah!" I opened my eyes. My book was on my lap. The ringing came from my phone. A text? It was already midnight. Who would text me at this time? You're are annoying, sender. I read the text. My eyes are deceiving me. I saw the sender's name. I'm already blushing. I bite my pillow and pinched myself to tell myself this was just a dream. It was not. Oh okay. I'll just call him up in the morning. Let me just rest and we'll see how things go tomorrow or later in the morning to be exact.

                 The sun came out from the horizon. Everyone is still in bed. I covered myself till my nose. I still looked at my Blackberry. It's just sitting there, mocking me. I don't know in what way but it's mocking me in some way. Why now? Even if we can be together, how long will we last? Questions I ask myself making me more nervous to call him. i'm still in the same position, looking at my phone for the next two hours, and gathered up courage to try and call him up. I looked at the text again. "Emmanuel: Will you be my girlfriend, Jules? I really love you." Did he really send that to me? I pressed the call button. Heart beating fast. 

                 "Dialling tone! Stay calm Jules!!"  "Hello?," answered a voice. "Hey you. Em about yesterday, are you really serious?," I asked, flustered and all. "What did I say yesterday?," he sounded confused. Are you serious? "Uh, you did send out a text to me asking me to be your girlfriend. It took a while for him to answer.  "Umm, I guess so? Can I call you later? Okay?" "Okay. Goodbye."  I quickly put the phone down. What was I doing?! AHHHHH!! 

                  He called me that night. He told me about how that it was awkward. Well I'm awkward with this situation too! And also knowing that he sent the text when he was drunk! Well okay maybe it's not that bad. Awkwardness is always nice to feel once in a while. I could sense he was happy and so was I. I wouldn't want the night to end. I just want to be in my bed and talk to him till I sleep. But screw it, we both are out of credit after 2 hours of talking. Too bad right?