Chapter 1

Louis eyes had nearly fallen out of their sockets when he walked into the huge mansion. Decorations made of gold, awfull paintings which he guessed cost a fortune, old Furniture which screamed expensive just like everything else. If he sold the carpet laying in front of him he would probably be able to give his family a proper life for the coming 5 years.

He listened to the soft voices of the other men sitting in the hallway with him. He honestly was annoyed. As they were here to apply for a job he simply was here to get a signature that he did apply for the job but didn’t get it. He didn’t even know what this job was about for fucks sake and just wanted to get home already.

Ignoring the men in neat suits trying to impress one another, Louis was simply waiting for the blonde boy to return. There was a blonde boy, probably even younger then he was himself opening the door letting someone out as he called someone else in. Louis scoffed and tried to get more comfortable in the chair as he looked at his white sneakes. Or well, they once were white, right now they were covered in dirt.

The door opened making him look up as the blonde boy appeared again. “Could mister Lockwood please come with me.” An older guy stood up, but Louis was faster entering the office which was huge. The blonde sensed what happend and frowned. “Sir, it’s not your turn yet.” He said hesitant as he looked at Louis. “Do I look like I’m going to wait any longer? I waited for an half hour already! I had enough.” Louis stated, crossing his arms. “But-“  “Let him stay Niall.” 

The voice that interupted was quite deep and smooth as honey making Louis immediately look out for the person it belonged too. There were too guys sitting behind the desk. One seemed slightly older then him. He had short brown hair and obviously didn’t appear to be amused by Louis’ behaviour as his deep brown eyes looked at him giving away he was irritated. Next to him Louis saw the person who just had spoken to him. The boy was obviously younger, 17 maybe 18. He’s wearing sunglasses, which is odd since we’re inside and it’s winter. It doesn’t make him look any less stunning though, his sharp jawline and milky skin and..

“So, are you going to apply for the job or what?” The brown haired boy snapped at me. I grown and sit down, slamming the paper on the table. “Not exactly. I need a signature.”  “What for?” “As proof I applied for the job.”  Louis simply answered, staring back at the guy who appeared to be the curly lads assistent. “What is it for?”  He questioned. “If I applied for three jobs and got denied the government will sent me money to live from. Just sign and fill in some bullshit excuses why I didn’t get the job.” “Well, your fashion taste is absolutely going to be one of them.” Curly’s assistent scoffed. Louis groaned and glanced at the boy wearing the sunglasses who seemed quite amused by the scene.

“What are you laughing about? My fashion taste is fine.” I huff. “I don’t know.”  The boy answered with a giggle as he shrugged weakly. “You don’t know.. You’re fucking blind.”  The boys smile faded straight away as his assistent looked more in the lines of pissed off. “What?” Louis scoffed. “He is blind you dumbass!” His assistent lashed out on him, standing up from his seat. “Calm down Liam!” The blonde who was still leaning against the door said. Liam glared at him, but remained calm as hes at down again, shoving the paper into Louis’ direction.  “You can forget about that signature.” “Liam I’ll sign it.” “Harry, why would you even consider it?” Liam said, rather suprised. “Can you get me a glass of water?” Harry asked, not answering his assistent’s question. Liam sighed and got up as he walked out of the room.

Louis looked at Harry in disbelief. “So, you’re the type of person who’s to lazy to get himself a glass of water hmm? Typical rich kid I see.” Louis said, but he wished he didn’t when he saw the expression on Harry’s face become even more troubled. “I’ll sign your paper. Pick it up tomorrow at nine. Niall will let you in.” He said with a timid voice glowing a hint of sadness. “What’s your name?” “I’m Louis.” “I’m Harry… It’s was nice to meet you.”

Louis would never forget the sight of the boy leaving the room sitting in a wheelchair.

He couldn’t walk.

-

Home. Louis wasn’t sure why he called this place home, it had never really felt like it. “Mom?” Louis couldn’t help it but smile weakly at the familiar voice as he stepped into the livingroom facing Félicité. “Louis!” She gasped when she saw her older brother, rushing over to him as he was pulled into a bone crushing hug.

Louis’ heart cracked a little when he heard his sister crying. “Where have you been?! It’s been six months, I thought you’d never come back! You won’t leave no more will you?!” She sobbed. “I won’t.” He promised, not sure wether he was able to keep it. He slowly settled down with her on the couch as he allowed her to curl up in his chest. “Where were you?”  She questioned again, not daring to let go of her brother. “I was…” Was could he say? “On a vacantion.” She nodded slowly.  “Will you take me next time?”  “Ofcourse.” He told her, looking at her as he stroke her hair softly. She yawned and sighed.  “I’m tired.”  “Why don’t you go to sleep?” “Can I sleep in your bed?”  “Sure.”  “You won’t leave right?”  “I won’t. Goodnight.” He pressed a kiss on her forehead as he watched her walk into his room.

It only took a half hour for the front door to open once again as Louis watched his mom walk inside. She noticed him as she seemed suprised, but only a view seconds before she looked at him numbly. “Hi mom.” He says softly, but she doesn’t respond, just walks into the kitchen as she puts down the heavy bag she has carried all the way home from work atleast two blocks away.

Louis swallows and stands up, making his way into the kitchen seeing his mom settle down at the small table in front of the window with a cup of coffee.

“Where have you been?”  She questioned. “On vacantion.”  Louis lied. He didn’t like lying, but it was better if she didn’t know the truth. “Don’t lie to me Louis!”  She suddenly shouted, making Louis take a step back because he simply didn’t saw it coming.

“What are you even thinking?! That this is a hotel?! That you can come around whenever you want, live on my costs without working yourself?! I can-“  “But mom I-“ “I don’t even want to hear it!” She screamed. “You know, your sisters, I have hope for them, but you… I gave up on you Louis. Pack your stuff and leave. I don’t want to see you here anymore.” “But-“ “Leave!” She screamed at the top of her lungs this time.

Louis nodded, walked out of the kitchen as he looked at his sister standing in the hallway crying again. “I’m sorry.” Louis whispered.

With that he closed the door silently behind him.

Please leave feedback and vote if you enjoyed this chapter and if you'd like to read more so I know it's worth to continue this story (: