42

*Two Weeks Later*
The girls and I were all excited and on edge all week because of rehearsals for our debut but all our hard work is about to pay off. The day has finally arrived for us to debut as Big Hit's newest girl group CupcaKe. Pd-nim thought the name had a nice ring to as we're girls and sweet but the concept we're going for kind of contrasts that sentiment.

"Yoonji-ah! Go get makeup and hair done so you can change!" I nod at Manager-nim Yoona, who was assigned to our group by Bang Pd-nim himself. According to him, he needed someone he could trust to care for Bangtan's princess and her new group members. She's become like our second eomma over the past month.

I sit in the makeup chair as the stylist unnies run around helping us girls get ready for stage. They decided to go with smokey eye makeup and crimp my hair in certain sections to give it more texture. They help me into my stage outfit, which happens to be all black and I'm thankful for cause it's truly my style. The shoes however, originally they wanted me in over the knee boots with heels but I'm seeing as I can be clumsy, I asked if I could just wear my black Timberlands and they agreed. The debut concept is a pure to dark theme like an innocent that slowly turns dark. Malee is representing the pure side and I'm the dark side with our unnies being the transition between the two.

The Got7 oppas are coming tonight to support us as we have our dance stage together tomorrow night at the award show as well as performing both of our groups new songs. I wish my Bangtan oppas were here. Jin oppa promised they would try to make it. If not, they'll be at the award show tomorrow night. I still haven't spoken to either Yoongi or Jungkook and as much as I'm hurt and mad at them, I miss them immensely. I spoke to auntie last week and she revealed everything so I asked Bang Pd-nim if I could change my stage name in cupcaKe from Minsu to my birth name, Yoonji and he agreed. He also said that once we debuted, he'll send out a statement about me going back to my roots as I also want to change my Bangtan stage name too because I want to erase my life with that family I grew up with.

"Yoonji-ah! Min Yoonji!" I snap out of my thoughts as I turn my head to my roommate and best friend.

"Bangtan oppas are here!" My eyes widen at her words.

"Malee, don't run your energy out before we even perform!" I hear Mina scolding but I ignore it as I start questioning Malee about which ones actually came.

"Just Jin, J-Hope, V, and Jimin came. I just the others are busy and couldn't make it..." She trails off while lookin at me sad.

"Or just didn't want to come.." I added under my breath. Yoongi and Jungkook didn't come and Namjoon oppa probably just stayed back to keep an eye on them.

"Sorry.." I shake my head at the Thai girl.

"It's fine. Let's just go out there and give the fans an amazing show." I smile at her and she gives me a small smile in return but doesn't question me.

We have about fifteen minutes left til we have to go onstage and the stylist unnies are making last minute rounds to retouch anything we need. I was playing a game in my phone when a message pops up from Namjoon oppa. I smile and open it to see a video message from the rapper.

"Sorry I can't be there princess but someone has to keep these two in line and away from you until they're calm enough.." I could hear fighting in the background as Namjoon sighs, "I miss you and wish you the best of luck tonight. See you tomorrow.. FIGHTING!!" He ends it with a finger heart and a cute smile. I smile at my phone before typing out a message to him.

To: JoonieOppa
Wish you were here 😭 I'll do my best to make you proud oppa! FIGHTING!!

Finally it was time to go onstage and Jisu held my hand to give me comfort. We stand in the middle of the blackened stage, waiting for the lights to come on and the music to start.

We start the show with a dance number that portrays the pure to dark concept we're doing. It starts with Malee wearing a white blouse and skirt, dancing on her own but then she crowded by background dancers wearing all black. They push and pull her around as she 'cries' out for help. They pull her down til she hidden and the light switch over to where Mina is standing in her white blouse and black jeans. Mina starts her part of the choreography with a handful of background dancers before they also pull her down into the crowd of them. The light changes to Jisu as she moves to her part of the choreography. The dancers around her literally throw her around before pulling her into the darkness of the stage. The lights move again to where Adelie is, her outfit is all black except for the white collar, symbolizing that she is farther into the dark but still has that little sliver of pure left. Her part of the choreography is slightly more aggressive but still light before she too is dragged into the blackened part of the stage. The light finally moves to me in my completely black outfit and an evil look in my eyes as I slowly but gracefully perform my part of the choreography. It's aggressive but still graceful, which fits well with my style of dance seeing as I come from a background in both urban and contemporary dance. I become one with the background dancers as we all move in sync together as my part is the fully darken soul. My dark hair whips around as I practically throw my body around the stage. The stylist unnies had given me grey contacts to wear for this debut stage to contrast the dark vibe of my hair, makeup and clothes.

When my part came to an end, I smirk before turning around and slowly walking into the blackened area of the stage as a hand reaches into the light to hold my hand and guide me like a friend. The building turns silent as the lights go out again for a minute before turning back on as we stand in a line, looking out at the fans. Our debut song starts to play and I find myself looking for my oppas in the crowd.

*** A/N: Gayoon = Malee ; Hyuna = Adelie ; Jihyun = Jisu ; Jiyoon = Sujin/Yoonji ; Sohyun = Mina ***

The choreography to the song is slow and sensual but strong and powerful at the same time because the song is about a relationship that wasn't real because they were blinded by love.

During my lines, I started tearing up because all I could think about was my last moment with Jungkook. We made love then I yelled at him for keeping my real identity a secret from me. My eyes landed on my Bangtan oppas in the crowd when those thoughts ran through my head. I knew they could see my pain in that moment because they all had sad looks on their faces, especially Jimin and Taehyung. I swear I saw them mouth 'you got this' and 'it's okay' to me but from the stage it's hard to tell.

After the debut show came to an end, I ran off to cry in the dressing room. I could hear the other members and Manager Yoona all after me but I ignored them all. I had to find a way to calm myself down before I had a full blown panic attack from the thoughts of Jungkook and even Yoongi cluttering my head.

I felt like screaming at that moment.