chapter one.

word count. 1367

DETROI                                       DOWNTOWN POLICE SERVICES

DETROIT                                         DOWNTOWN POLICE SERVICES

  "Freaks. All of them."

   "Oh come on Maverick. They aren't that bad, after all look at all they did, how much they helped us."

  "Oh god. Dont tell me you're becoming one of those Pro-Android activists."

  I looked to the man next to me. Thick framed glasses covered his hazel eyes that peered into mine. Eye catching looks as some would say, the blonde hair pushed back, a faint scruff on his face, and a wonderfulll smile that could make any heart melt. He is none other than Maverick Albright. My fellow partner since we've joined this department.

  "What wrong with thinking they're okay? Huh." I asked gripping the steering wheel of the police car.

  "It simple... they dont have feelings. Its discusting. Why do you think they're turning rouge anyways? It's because it was an idiotic idea. And now we'll have another one in our department."

  "Oh boo-hoo what are they going to do? Organize your papers, and get coffee? Calm down."

  "Its not that simple Natalie. Its smarter, more advanced."

...

   I walked into the department doors waving a hello to some coworkers heading to my desk. I took a seat and stretched my limbs to relax, taking my time to finish some work that needed to be done.

  "I think thats it." Maverick said aloud gaining the attention of some near by. We turned to the front doors as a unfamiliar figure walked in. He spike at the front desk and went straight for the Commissioner's office.

  "I guess its time to pack our things and leave because it's taking our jobs." Maverick rolled his eyes.

  "I highly doubt it." I replied. "We're to much of a dynamic duo, they cant split us up."

  "Then we'll just leave together."

  "Quill! Albright! West! My office if you'd please." The Commissioner yelled. We stood up and walked his office, being greeted by a Susan West. The rookie cop of our department, a built figure, a darker skin tone and eyes that matched. Her hair was braided back into a thick pony tail. Her thumbs nervously fiddled as she looked down at the floor, muttering a soft hello as we entered the office.