chapter two.

word count. 1451

DETROIT                               CRIME SCENE

DETROIT                                                                   CRIME SCENE

"Connor... what are you doing?"

   The android was crouched to the floor, dipping his fingers into the pool of blood that seeped into the carpeted floor. He lifted them up into his mouth tasting it. I stood there confused and bewildered to why he would.

  "I'm taking a sample, detective." He replied.

  "I see..." I scratched my chin. " Well, keep on doing your work and get back to me if you notice anything."

  "Affirmative."

  I chuckled at his wording as I scaned the scene for anything of interest, a yawn escaping my lips from how overworked I was. I stoped in the hall and saw that Maverick had arived with a trainee following suit.

  "Helping the trainee?" I asked.

  The blonde hummed in response and stood near me. "Shouldn't you be... working?"

  "I am! Well, kind of."

  "Whatever you say Nat." He smirked with a roll of the eyes. "At this rate you're as bad as Hank."

  "Detective," Connor approached "I think I know what has happened."

  "Okay. Shoot." I walked towards him as he began to explain. Unfazed by the eyes
buring a hole in the back of his head. He explained what took place, taking me through out the scene.

  "It does go along with the evidence." I comended. "Do you think the android is still here?"

  "Yes."

  "Wait.. really, then where?" I asked.

"I'm not yet sure, but the opening above the shower in which a shrine was made seems to be a lead."

The two of us walked into the bathroom some others following persuit, out small group stood shocked finding blood, and scribbles in the wall... RA9, RA9, RA9... Over and over.

"Whos... RA9?" Maverick wondered aloud.

"It looks like some sort of saint for them." I brought up. "What do you think Connor?"

"Similar to your theory, RA9 looks to be a savior, a saint of some sort to the deviants."

"A savior?... I didnt know androids could have beliefs like that." I stepped back out to the hall. "I need to call someone. I think he'd be able to help. Just stay here okay?"

"Yes, Detective." Connor nodded.

I walked out of the house to the dark rainy weather, and pulled out my phone. After searching through the contacts and saying a silent prayer, I called the man who I cousl rely on.