two

"The Moon is always there. A half blink of shadow, a crescent of an eyelash, opulent in fullness, spellbound in nothingness, and a friend."
—Carolyn Riker, Blue Clouds: A Collection of Soul's Creative Intelligence

- - -

- - -

Humming, you gently walked along the seashore, kicking random pebbles and sand with your bare feet. You decided to leave your shoes underneath one of the palm trees and enjoy the sea with your feet bare.

The sea waves crashed against the shore, soaking your feet every now and then. It was calming and peaceful. Not many people were around, only a few. Most of them were just walking and taking pictures.

You went to this sea a few times each year whenever you were troubled, stressed, and sad. This was the beach your dad took you to whenever you were crying as a child. He only stopped bringing you there once he was taken away by cancer when you were a teenager.

Heaving a sigh from your lips, you shook the memory off your mind and stared into the endless deep blue sea, intaking the atmosphere. It was beautiful.

To your surprise, he was there.

No, not your dad, of course. You weren't gifted with the ability to see ghosts or extra terrestrial beings, unlike other fictions you have seen in Wa--

You were puzzled to see him there, staring into the sea, with his clothes gently flowing with the sea breeze. The same dark-haired and tan-skinned man you met at McDonald's.

Deciding to approach him, you slowly and hesitantly walked up to him, making his attention divert to you for a quick moment. "Hey,"

"Hi," he answered, passing you a quick smile. "You're the coat lady from last time, right?"

"Yes," you answered, subtly nodding your head. Another breeze blew, making your hair flow loosely along the wind. The both of you turned your head to the direction of the sea, silence passing between the two of you.

Finally, after what seemed like forever, he spoke up again. "Don't you think it's interesting?"

"What is?"

"The sea." He looked at you with a small smile. You noticed that he wasn't wearing eye contacts, unlike last time. His eyes were a dark hazel brown, similar to the chocolates your father gave you.

"Hm?" You urged him to continue speaking as you tossed around a pebble with your feet. The man suddenly picked it up and threw it at the body of water, making it bounce a few times before finally sinking.

"The sea. . . sometimes I think, it's just another thing similar to land. It seems endless and it feels like it could go on forever. The land is just a mix of green and brown. . . and so is the sea, but it's blue. It's lonely, and the things that live in there are also lonely, like us living on land. Maybe it's not the sea we think of it as. It might just be a blue desert, except it's made of water instead of grainy sand."