The Beginning of the End

A/N I'm sorry this chapter is short, there will be a long one next.

Third Person POV

Tony seriously thought he was dreaming when the demon thing landed in his bedroom.

"Anthony Stark," it said. "I have your wife."

That's when he knew it wasn't a dream.

"You're, you're Alastor, right?" he said, somehow finding his voice. Maybe some part of his consciousness thought it was a dream.

The demon grinned, his mouth full of tiny, sharp teeth. "So the demibrats have been doing their research."

Tony summoned his blastor, but Alastor noticed. "Your petty weapons cannot hurt me, the god of vengeance," he said, laughing. "Your best bet is to call the demibrats, but I doubt they would get here in time- besides, what can they do against a demon-god, much less the primordial god of doom?"

Tony's blastor attached to his arm, and he immediately shot a blast at Alastor. But the blast went right through him and hit the wall. Well, at least the others are up now, he thought.

Alastor seemed to realize this too. "I will see you again soon, Iron Man. And it will not be on your terms."

Percy's POV

When I woke up, I had a bad feeling. Like, something bad bad.

And I always rely on my instincts. So I immediately went to Annabeth.

She agreed that we should follow a bad feeling, because better safe than sorry, right?

Only there's always only sorry in my world.

I immediately thought of the Avengers, so Annabeth and I vapor traveled there. We landed in the family room, just to hear the sound of Tony's blaster on the floor above us. We vapor traveled up there just in time to see Alastor in person, disappearing.

Tony sagged. "That was terrifying."

Percy nodded. "That was Alastor."

Annabeth paced around the room. "What did he come for?" she asked, pausing and looking at Tony.

"Nothing we don't know. Just telling me that my wife is in danger and we have to go get her. I don't think we were meant to know before."

Annabeth sat down heavily. "We just lost our one advantage of knowing that it was a trap. They just went out a told us!"

The door creaked open and we all snapped our heads towards the door. I gave myself whiplash. Was everything in this world against me?

Steve and Peter slipped in. We filled them in on what happened.

Annabeth had that look on her face like she was almost figuring something out. I shushed the others and pointed at her. She didn't notice.

Suddenly, her face lit up. We were saved.

"I know what we need to do."

__

"You want to do what?!" Wow, Chiron never reacted this way to Annabeth's plans. Only mine. "That's suicide! You won't survive that! You aren't prepared!"

Annabeth rested a hand on his arm. "Look what we've done in our lives, and the millions of times we weren't prepared. We've gotten this far, haven't we?"

"Annabeth, we are talking about the primordial god of hell. Not a hellhound or the Minotaur."

She sighed. "We know that. And isn't it better we eliminate the threat sooner, rather than later?"

Chiron shook his head. "I cannot stop you, but I highly warn against this."

Annabeth nodded. "Noted."

As we walked away, I looked at her. "I don't know. Maybe we shouldn't if Chiron doesn't think it's a good idea."

"He doesn't understand the situation better than we do. I've got it, Percy. We're supposed to sacrifice ourselves down there. And that's what we're going to do."

"But not unless we have to?" I questioned. I wasn't going to throw my life away after all I've been through to preserve it.

Annabeth chuckled and nodded.

"Okay then....We're actually doing this."

__

Everyone was present. The Avengers, the entire camp, and of course Nico was right by us, waiting to summon his dad.

Clint shifted from one foot to the other. "Are you sure he's coming?" he asked, looking at Nico.

Nico glared at him. Clint shut up.

Suddenly, Hades appeared, dressed in a simple black robe. Most people got on one knee, and he waved them up.

He looked me in the eye. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

I nodded. There was no other choice. The Avengers' weapons had been remade with celestial bronze. We had packed bags of food and ambrosia just in case. There was nothing more to be done.

Hades muttered something like, "Jeez, that kid is stupid," but raised his arms and brought them slamming back down to the Earth.

And everything went black.

A/N Oooh, what's going to happen next! Well, I already know, but...

Again, sorry for the wait! Till next time!

eDiTeD (i literally made one spelling change)