Chapter 6: The Venerable Zhonghua

I never knew there could be fifty years so torturous.

After I waited out my sentence, I bid Yanwang goodbye and entered reincarnation.

If I didn't go to look for Moxi in this life, what if he gave me another fifty-year seal the next time he returned to the underworld? For this reason, I did just as he asked. I only went to seduce him when he was already feeble and old. I heard that men were most easily corrupted at this age. They had their careers, they had their families, they had already enjoyed everything that needed to be enjoyed, but life at this point was lacking a little excitement for them.

If I were to go give him some excitement now, this whole seduction thing would be as easy as pie.

It had seemed so simple in my mind, but life is always full of surprises.

The time I spent waiting in the underworld totaled about a hundred years. The darkness in me wasn't any lighter compared to the first time I went to the human world. I'd also just left, which meant the mustiness of darkness was still fresh on me. It didn't take long before I attracted a group of little priests like a piece of rotting meat attracting flies.

This era was a little too enthusiastic about slaying demons and sorcery had advanced so much. The group of little priests would still be a few years younger than I was even if their ages were combined and multiplied by ten. And yet they were so composed that they seemed to carry in them profound cultivation...

I wasn't good at dealing with such serious children, so I used Yanwang's tone to threaten them: "Scram, or I'll throw you in a stew and eat you!"

"Arrogant, blustering fool!" The leading child raised his sword at me. "I shall exterminate you today!" he howled.

I raised my brow watching this kid, so savage for a young'un. It was apparent from his behavior that he had not been taught properly. I shook my head and blamed his teacher. As I was trying to figure out a way to escape, a woman's shout suddenly came from the distance: "Changwu, get back this instant." She was dressed in white, her ribbons fluttering as she flew to us like a fairy descending from the sky.

I watched her in wonderment. I would've never expected there to be such an ethereal person in this earthly world. But I had yet to finish admiring her when her hand all of a sudden released a white ribbon that shot out with the wind and tightly bound me.

After struggling awhile, I discovered that this thing was made from a very strange material.

The children prostrated to the woman, calling her 'grandmaster'.

Grandmaster...

She gently nodded, told them to rise, and then stepped forward and studied me for some time. "So it's a beautiful demon."

I laughed. "You are also a beautiful nun."

She coldly smirked. "Though I cannot see your origin, once you are bound by my silk tie, you won't be able to escape no matter how skilled you are."

I secretly wrestled with her freaky silk tie and began to feel that I actually wasn't skilled at all. This thing was indeed a very effective rope. But if I were to be reckless, it wouldn't be enough to keep me bound. The young lady had been too ignorant for her own good.

"Bring her back to Mount Liubo so that His Most Reverend Eminence can deal with her." Like this, she bid the children. "Although I've tied the demon up, I cannot fathom her powers. You'll need to stay vigilant. Don't let her find a way to escape. I have an urgent matter to attend to, so I won't be coming back with you."

The children respectfully accepted her bidding in unison.

I'd only recently come to this world. Even if I wanted to find Moxi, I'd have no idea where to begin. It was therefore better to go with them. Not only would there be less harassment from other religious folks, I could also take this opportunity to catch Moxi's news.