Chapter 10: You are really unlikeable in this lifetime

I didn't see Zhonghua again after that day. He seemed to be really angry with me. Or perhaps it's more accurate to say he had never liked me in this lifetime.

Chang'an was still too young that I couldn't mine any information from him. Nonetheless, he was able to solve the biggest question in my mind – Zhonghua's master was a woman.

A woman.

After hearing this, I suddenly felt as though I had been betrayed. He clearly said he'd only let me seduce him. I had been seducing him so perseveringly, yet he was...

I was so upset that I stopped running to the force field's boundary and shouting his name.

This went on until the day Liubo's sky darkened with a miasma so thick that it kept me wide awake. I knew then that Hu'yi was attacking.

Chang'an was as anxious as an ant crawling on charcoals, crying that he would live and die with Liubo. Annoyed with his blabbering, I knocked him unconscious and locked him in the house. Soon after my stroll in the forest, I began to hear the commotion of fighting on the other side.

Le sigh, humans are so strange. If they wanted to kill each other, then they should just do it. Why must they torture my ears with their screams? They acted as if screaming could slay their opponents on the spot.

A loud boom went off at the same time the force field was reduced to ashes after suddenly lighting up. Someone floated in the air – his robe black and his long hair flowing. Hu'yi. He swept his eyes across the plum forest. When he detected me, he landed and said, "I've never liked owing anyone anything. You freed me, now I'll free you. We are even from now on."

Le sigh X 2. He was the Imperial Reverend's reincarnation, no question about it. This habit of giving people unsolicited grace was exactly the same.

As I was about to open my mouth to say I wouldn't go, a cold voice came behind us: "The both of you should give up dreaming about leaving Liubo."

I turned around. Zhonghua was pointing his sword at Hu'yi, his face frigid: "Twenty years ago I had spared your life, yet how dare you attack Liubo! I shall send you to your end today."

I watched the expression on his face as the uncomfortable feeling in me escalated. I retreated two steps and hid behind Hu'yi, turning away from him.

Hu'yi stared at Zhonghua with something like a sneer. "I've no need for your favors. You can easily kill me now that you have become The Most Reverend. But can those Liubo students of yours withstand the attack of the monsters waiting outside? Is everyone who seeks divinity as powerful as you?"

The murderous look on Zhonghua's face intensified.

Hu'yi again spoke: "Zhonghua, if you can just promise me one thing, I will in turn assure you of a way for Liubo to repel the demons without hurting one soul. On top of that, my life will be yours to deal as you wish."

Even I was surprised after listening to him, much less Zhonghua. He spent this much effort to attack Liubo just so he could give himself a bargaining chip against Zhonghua? Suddenly, I became extremely curious about his request.

Zhonghua was silent for a moment. "What is it?"

"Free her so she can be reborn." There seemed to be suppressed anger and sorrow in Huyi's strained voice. "She should have been laid to rest a long time ago. Let her go!"

Upon hearing these words, Zhonghua's face iced up even worse. "That's out of the question."

Hu'yi became infuriated. "No matter what, she had once been your master. She had taught and raised you up! You people have imprisoned her for twenty years. If this drags on any longer, she will cease to exist! Zhonghua, have you forged your heart into steel?"