Tangled Talents

Kathleen sat in her bedroom and cried fiercely. She rocked back and forth. She was shaking and said in an almost sob like voice " U..Uncle....t... Trenton....!!"
Just a few seconds passed before he barged into her room. He looked at her with a pained expression. He walked over and kneeled down. He craddled her and whispered softly " It's okay Kathleen...it's okay.... shhhh.... I'm here..."
Kathleen whimpered as he hummed softly to her.
He looked around for a weapon. It took so long for him to break her from cutting so he took extra care to search just in case.
He didn't want any chances.

She said " I had a really bad dream about mom..."

Trenton soothed Kathleen and said " It okay...it was just a bad dream...."
Kathleen slowly caught her breath and stopped crying. She said to Trenton " She was angry at me and said all the things Marcus used to say to me...."

Trenton sat on the floor and said " None of what she said nor Marcus said was true...Don't let the negative memories come back ok...."
Kathleen nodded and hugged her uncle and said to him " Thank you for always being there for me when I need you...."

Trenton smiled and said softly " I have to protect my Katty...."

Kathleen smiled and said " Uncle Trenton I'm not a baby no more"
She playfully smacked his arm and shook her head.

Trenton stood up and said " I'll be right back....I am going to grab something real quick.... you're gonna have a heart attack when I show you..."

Curiosity peaked in Kathleen's eyes. She stood up and sat on her bed. She grabbed her sketch book and her pencil and started to draw.

After a while Trenton came back into her room with his laptop at hand. He opened it and showed it to Kathleen. Kathleen looked and gasped with joy.

Kathleen said " No fucking way?!! You ordered tickets!! Oh my fucking good!!! Hell yeah!! You're the greatest uncle ever!!?"

Trenton said " They'll arrive in two weeks. After that we wait until the thirty-first. "

Kathleen said stunned " The concert is on Halloween night!?!?"

Trenton nodded and closed his laptop. He said " I'll be in my room if you need anything okay...."

Kathleen nodded and said " Okay thanks again for everything uncle Trenton...."

As he walked out the room he said" You're welcome...."