My Dangerous Secret (Larry Hybrid)

Prologue

I sat down on my porch, looking out at the woods. I was waiting for him to show up, to see his green eyes. Mum had brought a house with a beautiful view of trees in the backyard. However, since the discovery of hybrids- any kind- these woods have been used to separate us two- Humans and hybrids. Mums been paranoid with them coming over and trying to attack, but she somehow has convinced herself that these half human-half animal creatures are peaceful. I shiver at the memory of myself being attacked by a pack of cat hybrids. They had ripped me from my tire swing hanging from the large tree in the middle of our yard. I havent gone near it since then.

I could still feel their teeth feasting on my skin, that is now full of scars from their teeth and incredibly sharp claws. They had ripped my clothes to shreds, their tiny cat cries echoing in the woods- where they had dragged me. Thats when I had seen the boy. The boy who saved my unwilling to fight body. He had poked my clenched fists, and sniffed my cheek. He had drifted off into the crowd at first, but I knew he was still watching me in my terrified state. When one of the other kitten lads latched his mouth to my rib-cage, and the boys ears perked at pained screams, the boy stopped the pack of viscious animals. He had told them to find another feast somewhere else, and they had hurried away. I was shivering in the cold snow beneath me. I had felt his strong arms pick me up and drop me off right infront of the porch steps. Thats when mum found me.

Ever since then, I always came out to the porch, the very last step was as far as I went, and I would watch my kitten search for food. At some point during my stare, he would look back and our eyes would lock. I would never walk across my yard, however, in fear that it was trap to catch what his pack never finished. He never walked further than the bushes at the edge of woods, either, probably thinking he would be hunted. He would stand, his tall body leaning against the bark of one tree. His tongue would flicker out, licking his lips, as his eyes stayed intense on mine. We would stay that way, watching eachother for hours, not moving a muscle- Not daring to cross the void infront of us no matter how much we both desired it.

And that's exactly what was happening right now. He had came from those woods, not a meter over the bushes at the edge, and his black shirt in hand. His tall figure, well built, was hunched slightly as his chest heaved. Cold, smokes of air puffed from his lips and into the icy air. My mouth was creating the same breaths as his, and my eyes were concentrated on his. Him watching me watching him.

Thats how it goes.

But there was no denying that we both wanted more than to just stare at eachother.