Part of a secret revealed

Merlin was recovering in the next couple of days. Arthur rained chores at him as he always had. Everything was back to normal. But for Amelia, nothing was normal. She kept thinking about what happened. She couldn't understand what she felt and she certainly couldn't hide it from Merlin and Gaius. After a great deal of thinking, she decided to tell them everything.
At this time of day, Merlin would be in the training field with Arthur. She rushed there as she found Merlin being used as a training dummy. He was wearing an armor and Arthur was hitting him with his sword. Merlin lost his balance and fell.
     "Come on, Merlin," said Arthur. "You fall every time I hit you. Even though it's not a strong strike."
     "Not a strong strike!" Argued Merlin. "Then I hate to see the strong one." Arthur helped Merlin up as Amelia approached them. "Excuse me, sire," she said and bowed. He stared at her with wide eyes. "You look exactly like Merlin!" She chuckled and said, "you're not the first one to say that to me, sire." Merlin was completely shocked. "Well, you're the first one to say that to me! I can't see any similarities." "You can't see anything Merlin, so shut up," said Arthur, and before Merlin could protest, he turned his head to Amelia. "You were saying..." "Oh, right. Um, I was wondering if I could talk to Merlin. It's really important." Merlin became worried for she looked serious and a bit scared. "Is everything okay?" He asked and put his hand on her arm. Arthur felt a bit weird around them. Firstly, they looked alike. Secondly, they seemed very close to each other when she arrived only a week or so ago.
     "Yes, yes," she answered, but he knew she was lying. "Just change your armor and meet me in Gaius's chambers, if that's okay with you, sire?" Arthur came back to reality and said immediately, "of course, you may go. But don't be late for I have chores for you to do." Merlin sighed and mumbled, "you always have chores for me, you prat." Arthur looked at him and said, "what did you say?" "Nothing, sire." "Didn't think so," he said and left.
Gaius, Amelia and Merlin sat around the table in the physician's chambers and the men were curious to hear what she had to say.
"I...I don't know how to say this. I don't even know if you're going to believe me. You'd probably think I'm crazy, but I really had to tell you about it." She never lifted her head. Merlin and Gaius looked at each other. "Try us," said Merlin. "You'd be surprised." She closed her eyes and exhaled and then began to talk. "It's about what happened two days ago, when Merlin was poisoned. That girl you went to talk to at the party, she was happy when you were about to drink from the poisoned goblet. I saw her smiling. I don't think it was Bayard who tried to poison the prince, it was her. And after a second thought, she didn't mean to poison Arthur at all, she meant to poison you."
Merlin and Gaius stared at each other in a way that showed that they already knew this. "You already know," said Amelia. "Never mind. There's...there's something else. When you were unconscious, you mumbled words. Well I...I recognized those words!" They were shocked beyond words. "What!" Exclaimed Merlin. After thinking about it, "you're not telling me that...that you..." "Yes," said Amelia, "yes I have magic."
The words Merlin mumbled were a spell to conjure the light that helped Arthur. And of course, a sorcerer, or a person who spent a long time with one, would recognize it. "And from that day," said Amelia, "I knew that you had magic, as well." Merlin smiled slightly. "I always thought there was something about you Amy, I felt that you weren't just a normal person. From that day in your house, when you talked about sorcerers in that way, I knew my feelings weren't wrong. And I'm glad about that."
Since the day she arrived in Camelot, he knew that there was something about her, he felt something when he was around her, he just couldn't put his fingers on it. Now, he finally found out what it was. Or did he?
"Well," said Gaius for the first time, "I don't think that's all. You have something else to tell us, haven't you?" She did have something else, she just couldn't find the right words to say.
"When you drank the poison, you were choking. Well, I don't know how it happened but..." she fell silent. Merlin put a hand on hers and comforted her.
"It's alright," he said, "you can tell us." She looked him in the eyes and said, "I was choking, too! It was like I was the one who drank from that chalice! And when you were struggling to breathe, I was, as well!" While saying it, she never left Merlin's gaze. He left her hand and looked at Gaius. She did as well. Gaius looked amazed as if he knew what was happening.
"Gaius," said Merlin, "why do I have the feeling that you know what is going on? What's happening to her? How come she felt exactly what I was feeling? Say something, would you?"
"I've read about this in books," he managed to say, "but I've never heard that it happened to anyone."
"What is it Gaius?" Asked Amelia.
"It's something that happens to people who have a strong connection between them."
Merlin and Amelia stared at each other.
"But it can't be," protested Merlin. "We only met a couple of weeks ago."
"True. But I didn't make this up. You two must have a bond that links you together that this happened. And I think it's a really strong one. I wish I could say more, but this is all I know."
A bond between them? How come they're connected somehow? And if they were, what is the relation between them? All these questions were finding their way into the heads of the young sorcerers. Now no one could give them answers but themselves. They're going to have to look for them. As Gaius left the room, Merlin seemed to have an idea. "I think I know someone who could give us answers."
"Who?" She asked, curious.
"Come with me, but we have to make sure no one sees us."
They walked throw corridors and passed by rooms, sneaking and hiding like thieves. They reached somewhere dark. Merlin chanted a spell and a torch lit with fire. They went down the stairs until they reached a cavern.
"Hello," Merlin called and his voice echoed through the place. Amelia was more curious about the one who is staying in this dark place. Suddenly, she heard flapping and a chain's sound coming from below. In less than a moment, an enormous dragon came flying.
"I see you have finally come, young sorceress," said the dragon in his mighty voice.
"You know me?" Asked Amelia.
"And how can I not? You are destined for great things to come."
"Look," said Merlin after a moment, "we're here to ask you something. Two days ago I was poisoned, but what I felt physically, Amelia felt it too, like it was her who drank the poison. Gaius said it happens to people who have a strong connection between them, and Amy and I only met two weeks ago."
     It was hard to read the dragon's expression. "You two are related, Merlin." Their heartbeats raced. "And the relation between you, only she who brought you, can reveal it." He was speaking in riddles.
     "Could you please for once not talk in riddles?" Asked Merlin, annoyed. "This is important."
     The dragon flew away. "It is better to not find out from me, young warlock." He left them in confusion.
     They told Gaius what had happened. "The one who brought you," he repeated. "What does that mean?" They shrugged their shoulders in ignorance. "I think you're going to have a hard time finding out the truth, my children." They indeed had no idea what is yet to come.