Chapter 18

George's POV

I saw Merlin walking swiftly towards me and sighed. I don't like Merlin, he has magic and even though magic isn't illegal anymore, I am still faithful wary of sorcerers. As soon as I saw the kings servant, I rushed to my house hoping that Merlin would lose me and then just leave me alone. He is a terrible servant to the king. He spends too long in the tavern and he doesn't understand my very humouress jokes about bronze. I also fear that he is enchanting the king, because I once walked in on them kissing.

"George, I need your help. King Godwyn is staying in Camelot for a while and he'll need a servant while he is here. King Arthur sent me to ask you if you could be king Godwyn's servant during his stay," he said, he seemed quite out of breath from running. I did not want to be King Fodwyn's servant. His daughter, princess Elena was a disgrace when they last visited.

"Why can't you be his servant and I'll be king Arthur's servant for a while? You're always complaining about him," Merlin gets treated so well by Arthur, and that may be because Merlin has enchanted him, I don't know, but I would rather be the servant of Arthur, who treats servants well, than Godwyn, who treats us like dirt. Merlin shook his head, obviously refusing to leave the kings side. "I know that you're enchanting him Merlin. I saw you kissing him. It's not right and it's disgusting, the first chance I get, I will use your horrible use of magic against you."

Merlin's POV

What the hell was that supposed to mean!? I have never enchanted Arthur and never will. And how would he use that against me even if I had enchanted him?

"You must be mistaken. I am Arthur's friend, but no more than that. I'll tell him that you will be king Godwyn's servant during his stay. Please prepare a room for him," I quickly left, but I noticed George sneer at me as I walked away. I should stay away from him, and Arthur.

After a little while, I found a young girl who was willing to be princess Elena's maid and then I strolled to Efa's room and played with her for a while. She was already a couple of months old and she was lovely. The maid who was looking after her left me alone with her and I watched as her eyes shone golden and she moved various items and giggled I'm happiness as she did. I then lifted her out of her crib and bounced her around in my arms and then tickled her stomach, making her laugh uncontrollably.

Suddenly someone grabbed me from behind and I tensed, ready for an attack, but then the arms which were holding me moved down to my waist and hugged me tightly from behind and then the gloved hands covered my eyes.

"Guess who?" The mysterious person who I guessed was Arthur asked. But instead of answering I twisted around and with my arm which wasn't holding Efa, I grabbed the kings face and kissed his cheek. "You were meant to guess!"

Arthur took Efa and ruffled her hair in a fatherly manner. But within a minute, we were interrupted by Gaius.

"Sire, King Godwyn and Princess Elena have arrived," the old man bowed slightly and then shuffled out of the room.

"Let's go then," Arthur whispered and then kissed me on the cheek and we walked out of the room. Arthur in front, and me behind as the kings servant carrying the baby princess, ready to greet the guests.