I SAY A LITTLE PRAYER

I was working in the Garrison. Serving the drunk men as Grace took the night off. Tommy walked in and made his way over to me. He looked very worried

"Hey." I smiled at him, he took my hand and pulled me into back room.

"I'm going to have to lie low for a while." Tommy stated sternly. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Why?" I asked him confused. Was this about the guns? It could not be, Campbell promised me.

"I lost my bargaining power." Tommy answered. "This copper, it's just me and him now. When I get back . I'll tell you some things. Harry said the police are already in Digbeth." Tommy explained and my heart fell to the ground, this was all my fault.

"You took a chance coming here, why?" I asked him worried. Then Finn came in through the back.

"The police are in the lane, Tommy." Finn warned and I quickly realised the best place to hide was my place.

"Come with me." I stated as I pulled Tommy out of the back quickly. I had to make sure he was safe and sound with me.

___

I was standing in the kitchen of my apartment and Tommy stood at the front door. I smiled at him happily, I still had not told him I was pregnant.

"It's not much of a place." I said awkwardly as I went back to putting on the kettle.

"It's all right." Tommy croaked in his deep voice.

"You want tea?" I offered as Tommy walked closer towards me. My apartment was quite dim and cold from the rain outside. We had not really spoken in my apartment before, she kissed a lot.

"Tea? No." Tommy answered.

"I have rum." I offered as I lit up the kettle before I took off my jacket and threw it on my chair.

"Actually, tea it is." Tommy replied smiling, I loved his smile.

"You want to impress me, Tommy Shelby?" I asked him smirking with some flirting.

"Yes." Tommy answered smugly and I walked closer towards him. "And do you have a biscuit?" Tommy asked and I shook my head.

"No. They attract mice." I answered as I took two mugs down from the railing for preparation.

"People look different at home." Tommy stated and I looked at him confused and nervous. I still had not told him that I was pregnant.

"In what way?" I asked him.

"Off guard." Tommy replied and I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Should I be on my guard?" I asked him as he edged his way closer to him.

"No, I'm a man who drinks tea." Tommy answered smirking. I nodded my head as I walked over to the banging window. The rain was doing a violent pitter patter.  "When the trouble dies down, I'll go." Tommy stated and I turned to face him.

"When will it die down, do you think?" I asked him, I did not have a problem with him staying over. It was not the first time he had done that.

"Late, I would say." Tommy answered honestly and I just nodded my head.

"So, not until the morning then." I replied and Tommy nodded his head.

"Yes. I'd say I'll be here till morning." Tommy continued and I nodded my head as I walked over to my bed. "You have a gramophone?" Tommy asked me as I unbuckled my kitten heels.

"It's broken." I replied as I placed my shoes in the corridor.

"We could still dance." Tommy suggested and I stood up.

"Yes. Why not." I smiled at him happily.

"I know you like to be asked properly." Tommy smirked as he walked towards me. I giggled a little. "Clara, can I have this dance?" Tommy asked me and we began to dance. Tommy was distancing himself again.

"Are you OK?" I asked Tommy because I could feel that he wasn't hear with me.

"I don't hear the shovels against the wall." Tommy answered and I was looking at him confused.

"What shovels?" I asked him. Why was he speaking about bloody shovels?

"Will you help me?" Tommy asked me and I hugged onto him tighter.

"Help you with what?" I asked him as we moved in sync.

"With everything the whole fucking thing. Fucking life business." Tommy answered in a frustrated tone.

"I've found you." I replied as I rested my head on his.

"And you found me." Tommy smiled at me.

"We'll help each other." I smirked and then I looked down at his lips. I but mine slowly before we started to kiss. Small gentle kisses at first but then it got more intense.

We started to slowly take off each other's clothes and made our way over to the bed.

The rest was history

+++

I want this chapter to be short and sweet just like Clara ;)

Hope you guys all liked it and tell me what you think.

Also please check out my John Shelby fan fiction too

Lots of love,

Mrs N O'Brien xx