CHAPTER 3:THE LOVE STORY OF ZULAIKHA WHO SEDUCED prophet YUSSUF

The Story of Zulaikha and Yusuf(pbuh) is an amazing tale of attempted seduction. Zulaikha is mentioned as the Quran as the "wife of Aziz. The story is also mentioned in jew and christian traditions where she is known as the Potipher's Wife .Prophet Yusuf(pbuh) was the Prophet of Allah and the son of Prophet Yaqub . There is a Whole Surah named after him-Surah Yusuf(Chapter 12,Quran) .

Yusuf (peace be upon him) lived for years in the house of Zulaikha, a woman of beauty, power and influence. Day in and day out, Zulaikha was exposed to his physical allure, a composition so stunning that the Messenger Muhammad [peace be upon him and his family] said "Yusuf has been given half of all beauty" [Muslim].

Zulaikha suppressed her desire for Yusuf until she could no longer control it. She waited until her husband left the home. Alone with Yusuf, she locked the doors and called him to fulfill her lust.

Imam Muhammad Al Qurtubi, the great Quranic commentator, recounts the story:

[After locking the doors] Zulekha attempts to seduce Yusuf. She beautifies herself in the most attractive of ways and says:

"Oh Yusuf! You have the most handsome of faces." Yusuf, sensing what Zulekha is attempting to do, replies, "This is how my Lord fashioned me in the womb."

"Oh Yusuf!"she says, "You have the finest of hair!" "It will be the first portion of me to wither in my grave," he replies.

Undeterred, Zulaikha presses on. "Oh Yusuf! Your eyes are so beautiful." "I use them to look at my Lord," he retorts.

"Yusuf, raise your sight and gaze at my face," she responds. "I fear [if I do so] that I will be resurrected blind in the afterlife," Yusuf answers.

She tries to press herself close to Yusuf, but he moves away. "I come close to you, yet you distance yourself from me?" she asks. " I desire, by that, the closeness of my Lord," he says.

"Yusuf, I have prepared my bed for you so enter under its sheets with me," she says. Yusuf replies, "Your sheets will not shield me from my Lord."

"Yusuf, I have prepared the finest of silk covers, so I order you to fulfill my desires!" she exclaims. "If I do so," he says, "My portion of paradise will be lost."

STORY OF YUSSUF AND ZULAIKHA IN THE QURAN...

Zulaikha's attempt to seduce him was fruitless, and his desire to remind her of Allah was falling on a deaf heart. Allah recounts the story Himself:

ﻭَﺭَﺍﻭَﺩَﺗۡﻪُ ﺍﻟَّﺘِﻰۡ ﻫُﻮَ ﻓِﻰۡ ﺑَﻴۡﺘِﻬَﺎ ﻋَﻦۡ ﻧَّـﻔۡﺴِﻪٖ ﻭَﻏَﻠَّﻘَﺖ ﺍﻟۡﺎَﺑۡﻮَﺍﺏَ ﻭَﻗَﺎﻟَﺖۡ ﻫَﻴۡﺖَ ﻟَـﻚَ​ؕ ﻗَﺎﻝَ ﻣَﻌَﺎﺫَ ﺍﻟﻠّٰﻪِﺍِﻧَّﻪٗ ﺭَﺑِّﻰۡۤ ﺍَﺣۡﺴَﻦَ ﻣَﺜۡﻮَﺍﻯَ​ؕ ﺍِﻧَّﻪٗ ﻟَﺎ ﻳُﻔۡﻠِﺢُ ﺍﻟﻈّٰﻠِﻤُﻮۡﻥَ.

And she, in whose house he was, sought to seduce him. She closed the doors and said, "Come, you." He said, "[I seek] the refuge of Allah. Indeed, he is my master, who has made good my residence. Indeed, wrongdoers will not succeed."(12:23)

ﻭَﻟَـﻘَﺪۡ ﻫَﻤَّﺖۡ ﺑِﻪٖ​ۚ ﻭَﻫَﻢَّ ﺑِﻬَﺎ​ ﻟَﻮۡﻟَﺎۤ ﺍَﻥۡ ﺭَّﺍٰ ﺑُﺮۡﻫَﺎﻥَ ﺭَﺑِّﻪٖ​ؕ ﻛَﺬٰﻟِﻚَ ﻟِﻨَﺼۡﺮِﻑَ ﻋَﻨۡﻪُ ﺍﻟﺴُّۤﻮۡﺀَ ﻭَﺍﻟۡـﻔَﺤۡﺸَﺎٓﺀَ​ؕ ﺍِﻧَّﻪٗ ﻣِﻦۡ ﻋِﺒَﺎﺩِﻧَﺎ ﺍﻟۡﻤُﺨۡﻠَﺼِﻴۡﻦَ.