summer haze

read author's notes
Sticky, and hot. That was the only way I could explain last summer. The first thing that I noticed was Cesar. He was different around me, and for the longest time I couldn't figure out why. His eyes would travel down my body, and I'd give him a "the hell are you doing?" look. But the week before going to camp was different. Suddenly in all the mist of everything, I realized I liked Cesar. So as we sat watching a movie on my couch, I turned to him. He looked at me, and we jumped on each other. Our kiss was awkward and messy, but I was okay with that. I felt giddy inside. Cesar felt the same, and the way he looked at me when I pulled away was a look I never saw him do before.
"Cesar, what are we doing?"
He smiled,
"This."
He then kissed me again, softly. That night, was the night that we first did it. I can remember it perfectly. There's nothing in the world that would make me want to take back that night.
Cesar and I spent the night curled up in each other's arms that night. I knew we'd be okay, because my dad wasn't there that night. Cesar's bulky arms wrapped around in not a playful was weird. What was just a friendship turned into this.
.
.
.
It was the morning after. I woke up with Cesar's arm wrapped around me. I frowned as I wiggled out of his arm.
What did I do?
It was the week before I was leaving for camp, and I did this. Did Cesar even like me? My thoughts were interrupted when Cesar started stretching.
"Morning." He said.
I rolled my eyes, and asked him,
"Cesar, you can't tell anyone about this, you know that right?"
He nodded.
I hope with all my heart he wouldn't.