look at the stars

Ever since our night together, things were different. Glances that meant more than just friends, goofing around but letting our fingers linger on one another a little while longer. Jamal and Ruby could never know. Not until I was ready. I don't know when I would be.
Cesar and I weren't friends anymore, we were so much more. That's why it was so much harder to leave for camp the next morning.
Cesar and I were laying in my backyard, a blanket under us.
"I wish we could stay like this forever." I said, sighing.
"Me too."
There was so many things I wanted to say to him in that moment, but I didn't.
I tried pointing out constellations, but got tired of it, so I brought myself closer to him. I wrapped my arms around him.
We kissed, slowly.
He was the one to stop us.
"I think I should get going, who knows what the gangs have in store tonight."
I nodded, pretending to fix my clothes.
"Hey." He said, lifting my chin to look at him.
He kissed me once more, and then he left.
"See you tomorrow Monse."
I gave him a small smile.
I sat there, looking at the stars. How many longing people were looking at them in this very moment? Were they feeling the way I did right now?
My thoughts were interrupted when my dad said I should come inside. I gathered my blanket, and went inside.
I didn't want to leave tomorrow.
————————
I had all my things packed, ready to go. My dad was in the house, grabbing the essentials for the 'road' trip we were about to go on. It was a couple hours drive to the camp.
Jamal and Ruby were talking about the last quiz they had, and I saw Cesar motion with his finger to follow him. He lead me to the side of my house, away from our friends.
"I'll miss you." He said, his hands wrapped around my waist.
"I'll miss you too." I say.
"I'd kiss you, but they're right over there."
"Yeah."
He smiled, and loudly pretended to goof around with me.
We went back to my car. And I gave all of them hugs. My dad finally came outside, and we got into the car. We pulled away from them, and I missed them at that moment.
I knew it wouldn't be the same after Cesar and I started this.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Author's Notes
After some consideration, I decided to start working on this again. It may not be the best, but I'll try my best to finish it.
Let me know if there's any corrections to made!
xx
lex