NeverEnding Nightmares

Going back into my room, I went over to my suitcase. I took off my long sleeve shirt, letting the cold air kiss my skin, giving me the goosebumps. Unbuttoning my jeans and leaving them on the floor, I grabbed my phone and went to the bathroom. Turning on my music and letting it play on high volume. The music bounced off the walls, as I turned on the shower faucet, letting the water heat up before I got in. 

Ten minutes passed, and I was about to be finished when the song came on again. The wails screamed in pain as they bounced off the walls. I grabbed my towel and wrapped it around my waist, before covering my ears and stormed over to my phone. Pausing the song, I tried to delete the song but couldn't find the song in my library. Looking up at the foggy mirror, my name was scrawled onto the mirror. The letters were all jagged and uneven, giving off the eerie vibe. 

"This house is messed up, I'm done with this." I said outloud, rushing out of the bathroom

Going into my room, I went to my luggage and grabbed some sweatpants and a black t-shirt. Putting on the clothing, I went over to the bed that was left by the previous owners and sat down on the edge while plugging my phone into its charger. 

Getting off the bed, I went into the hallway and started to walk downstairs to where my mom and dad were. I walked into the kitchen and sat down at the table with them. 

"Mom, I really don't like it here. The house is creepy and things have been happening to me ever since we got here," I said, hoping they would listen for once

"You have to get used to the house, its old and unfamiliar to you," dad said, shaking his head

"But you don't understand! Haunted stuff keeps happening. Demonic stuff!" I said as my voice cracked from anger

"What is up with you? Are you ill?" my mom asked, getting up to feel my forehead

"Mom, I'm fine. When I was in the shower, my name appeared on the mirror, and a song I don't OWN started playing on its own. You don't understand," I replied, moving mom's hand out of the way

"We need to get you away from this house, your father and I have been talking and we thought about enrolling you in school," my mom continued with

"Good, I'm fine with that, it beats staying here by myself while you guys are at work," I said as I went towards the stairs to head back to my room. 

I started to climb the stairs and heard them talking amongst themselves as if everything was normal. 'They don't listen, they never understand.' I thought as I rounded the corner to get to my room. Spotting the bed, I went over and plopped down onto it, causing the frame to creak from the pressure. Sliding open the covers, I got into bed and began to get comfortable. 

That night, the dreams slowly became horrid nightmares. The nightmare was like an out-of-body experience. I woke up, and got out of bed, but I saw myself sleeping, un-phased by what's happening. I had heard noises coming from downstairs, though not sure where they were exactly. Curiosity getting the better of me, I went downstairs to check out what was going on. As I rounded the corner to the kitchen, I noticed light coming from the open refrigerator, casting off an eerie glow. There was a mysterious dark liquid that trailed near the fridge, forming small puddles.

Following the trail, I found my mom on the ground, surrounded in a pool of blood. A bloodied knife lay loosely in her right hand, as she clung to a piece of paper in her left. Grabbing the crumpled piece of paper from her, I read what was written. On the paper the word RUN was drawn hurriedly, as if she didn't know it was coming. 

"Mo...mom?" I croaked out, chilled to my core at the sight of her

I slowly backed away, bumping into the chairs and table on my way out of the kitchen. I turned around and ran up the stairs, back to safety, hopefully. 

When I had left my room, I had the door open but now as I approached, the door had been closed. Approaching the door with caution, I slowly pushed the door open. Standing there in the middle of the room was my father, with his back facing the door. 

"Dad?" I questioned, cautiously taking a step forward

My dad, without turning around, took a step to the side, revealing the mirror. On the mirror written in red was the phrase, "You're Next." Assuming the red to be blood, I took a big gulp of breath and asked shakily," Dad, did you kill mom? Are you alright?" 

A few minutes of silence passed, and still no answer coming from him. I took a small step back and that's when I finally saw movement come from my dad. My dad slowly turned around, showing himself completely. His eyes had gone completely black, the clothes he had on were soaked in blood, and his hands were stained from the redness. 

His frown casually turned into an evil grin as he started to approach me. His pace was slow, but left me frozen in fear. The grin never left his face as he came closer.

"Dad, what are you doing, please stop. You're scaring me," I said as I tried to get my legs working but couldn't move. 

My dad closed the space between us, as his hands found their way to my neck. His fingers pressed deeper into my skin, leaving red marks as he kept pressing harder, his grip never failing. My breathing began to get shallow, as my eyes started to tear up, my dad's hands never leaving my neck. That grin never left his face as he just kept applying pressure. My eyelids began to feel heavy, causing my vision to blur, before finally going dark.