All of the Stars (Ziam Mayne)

Hiiiiii. This is a Ziam one-shot based off of the song "All of the Stars" by Ed Sheeran. Enjoy :) I  am also making a Larry version of this story! Go check it out if you like Larry.

Love, Leah (@ZourryUnicorns on twitter :P) Xox

(BTW, the lullaby Liam sings is Always in My Head by Coldplay. :))) )

***

Liam's POV (he's talking to Zayn)

Another day has passed, Zayn. Another day where all of the colors are five shades duller. Another day where the sun could be shining bright, and it would still be a dark day. Another day where the sounds of your laugh, the twinkle of your eyes, the brightness of your smile, and the cheeriness of your voice are all a distant memory. Another day without you.

I laid down on the grass by the lake, the green blades itching and irritating the back of my neck slightly. Looking up at the moon, I remembered the first time I looked into your eyes.

It was during my sister's sixteenth birthday party, in this exact same spot. I remember the crinkle of the long grass as you sat down next to me, bringing your legs to your chest and wrapping your arms around them. We both simultaneously looked at each other, and our eyes met for the first time.

Your eyes shined brighter than the moon and the stars combined. They were coated with some kind of beauty, a thin layer of emotion painted on top of them, a bright shade that could only be described as happiness. That happiness made me smile then, Zayn, and it still makes me smile today. Now, your up with the moon and the stars, adding to their shine.

A shooting star flew across the sky as I smiled at the memories. It reminded me of you, Zayn, and the first time that we kissed, the shooting star flying across the sky as we pulled apart and looked up at the sky. I remember the comfort of your Westside sweatshirt rubbing against my torso as our lips danced in harmony. I remember the grass, crumbling beneath me as we rolled over slightly.

I found myself beginning to sing, the thoughts of you bringing back the memories of the words that I sang to you every night. It was our lullaby, our song, our melody, our harmony, our forever.

I think of you
I haven't slept
I think I do
But I don't forget
My body moves
Goes where I will
But though I try my heart stays still
It never moves
Just won't be left
And so my mouth waters to be a fate
And you're always in my head
You're always in my head

Always in my head
Always in my...

This, I guess
Is to tell you you're choosing out from the rest

I would be singing to you right now, Zayn. Your head on my chest, breath tickling my neck, slowly drifting off to sleep. Arms around each others' waists, legs delicately intertwined. Hearts beating as one, chests moving in rhythm as we breathe in each others' soft scents. You smelled like mint, a soft aroma that made me smile as it warmed my nose.

However, Zayn, you're not here. You're on the other side of the universe. The other side of the skyline. Hundreds, thousands, maybe even millions of miles away. The sky full of stars divides us, and puts a boundary between green and blue. You willl always be in my heart though, Zayn. We'll never be apart. Sure, you're gone physically, but your memory and place on this earth will never fade.

I sometimes wonder if you can see the stars too. Do you look down and see a horizon of bright lights, too? Do you wish that you could crash through the division they have between us and run to my arms, too? Do you remember the way our eyes shined like these stars the first time we saw each other, too? I do all the time, Zayn. All the time.

Although you may not know it, our words do collide, our horizons still meet. Our hearts still beat together, and our souls will always be one. You'll always be my Zayn, and I'll always be your Liam. You leaving so suddenly will always be a burden in my heart; it left a scar on my heart and continues to bleed out.

One day, however, that scar will be patched, and a bandaid will repair my heart. The stars will lead us home; they will guide us to where we belong. We both know that. They'll lead me to Heaven, where we can revel in the light of each others' arms. Home is when we're in each others' arms, my Zayn.

I needed music to listen to, so I pulled my phone out of my pocket. Music helps me to think, and helps me to relax and enjoy the moment. I put it on shuffle, placed the volume as loud as it could go, and then set the phone down next to me. The familiar tune of "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol rang through the speakers

We'll do it all
Everything
On our own

We don't need
Anything
Or anyone

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

I don't quite know
How to say
How I feel

Those three words
Are said too much
They're not enough

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

The lyrics reminded me of the time when I realized that I loved you. I smiled as I thought about that mid-August night, the sky scattered with stars and the moon shining bright like it is tonight.

The familiar feeling of your arm rubbed against mine as we lay on the grass, staring up at the beautiful sky. I looked over at you as you sighed happily, your usual breathtaking smile spreading across your face.

"Zayn?"

"Yeah, Li?"

"What is love?"

He paused a moment before responding, obviously in deep thought.

"Love is where you get shivers down your spine, even when the room is boiling hot. Love is when your eyes shine, even when the room is pitch black. Love is where your stomach dances in excitement and happiness, even when you've done nothing all day. Love is where you see them talking to someone else, and you feel like you want to punch that person they're talking to. Love is the sunshine at the end of a hurricane, Liam."

"Wow, Zayn. That's...beautiful."

"Thanks, dude. Why do you ask, by the way?" he asked, looking back at me.

"Because..." Here goes nothing. "You're the sunshine at the end of my hurricane, Zayn."

His eyes sparkled, and he bit his lip softly, looking down and blushing. "You're the shine in my eyes, even in a pitch black room, Liam."

And the dark sunshine spread through our lips as we shared our first kiss.

I hope you still remember that moment, Zayn. Maybe you look down at the wall of stars, seperating us, and remember all of our moments together. Do you really see the stars, Zayn? I still wonder if you see them like I do. They remind me of you. Everything reminds me of you.

Well, Zayn, I hope you live a good life up above the stars. Don't worry, though; don't be lonely. One day, I'll break through the wall of stars and spend my life right next to you. All of the stars in the sky will never, ever, shine brighter than you. Hang on, Zayn, my sunshine. Hang on.

Thanks for reading. Comment your thoughts? Xx -Leah <3