6. A Stranger's Apprentice

I honestly loved the way this book started. The analogy about the iPhone was perfectly phrased and the imagery was wonderful. The blurb was quite fantastic as well. It was to the point, and interesting at the same time.

I certainly like the idea your book is based upon, and I can tell you that it certainly is very intriguing. As a mystery lover, I was very excited when I opened it, and I definitely hope your book gets the recognition it deserves. Good job! 

I do have a few suggestions for you though. 

1) As a Grammar Nazi, I was quick to notice quite a few unnecessary punctuation marks and incorrect sentence structure in your chapters. However, you can fine-tune those things later if you like. 

2) My main concern for your book is how fast everything progresses. You have far too much happening in each chapter, and it feels quite rushed. Try to spread out all the events in your writing. Have no more than two settings in each chapter, and two main plot points. I am sure most people would not have noticed it, but as a critique, I did. So just be a bit careful about that, for your second chapter seems to be as far along into the story as a tenth chapter would be. 

Apart from that, I do not have many concerns. Keep writing and getting better every day! I am sure you will do good. 

Final Rating: 6/10