13. Wickedly Yours

For a while now, I have to admit that I was curious about this book. I have come across it on several occasions and thought the title was interesting enough to try it. I think the idea and the storyline is fantastic and well thought- out. This book will certainly do well someday. 

However, I do have a few concerns. 

1) The blurb gives out too much of the plot. The blurb should entice readers while also not giving away the entire storyline. This one is far too informative and should be cut down quite a bit. Also, the gifs in the first Author's note really throw off the vibe of the book.

2) The grammar is off in several places in the first chapter, and there are various shifts in tense. 

3) The author has simply stated certain things such as the behaviour of the father of the main character, her interest in books, and the burden her mother has inflicted upon her. This makes it quite bland and does not give the reader any insight into the style of the writer. The prerequisite facts should be stated in a very clever manner without actually being STATED. 

For example: One can display the main character's love of reading by saying 'She looked over at the piles of books that she had read a million times, but somehow managed to never get bored of' instead of simply saying 'she loved reading'. 

Little details like that can really change the way people look at a book. 

If you would like, I could give you some references and do a review again after you have finished making these small changes. 

Please do not be discouraged by this, for I really do like the idea for your book and think it will be great! 

Final Rating: 6/10