Airport(almost)

By the time we finally pulled up at the local airport, I thought that Lilly would die of excitement. She was jumping up and down, while at the same time telling my parents to drive faster. I kept wondering to myself, How is she so awake? She had only four hours of sleep.

I was exhausted, even though I did take a nap on the way down. After my mom had gotten a ticket for the parking garage and parked pretty well (only after a failed attempt), my sister jumped out of the car instantly. I got out behind her, but with less energy. I'm pretty sure that she would have started jumping around, singing, dancing, and who knows what else if it haden't been that she had a 'image' to keep.

After a second, Lilly freezes then disappears into the car. A minute passes, and she comes back with more make-up on, and her designer bag in hand. She walks up to me with a face that she only puts on when she wants something, and I quickly think, Oh no. What now? Her bottom lip is pursed out, forehead creased, and her eyebrows are knit together. I am pretty sure that she thinks it looks cute.

After a minute of staring at me, she says, "Anna, I know that you are very strong, because you did 30 push-ups.."

I groan knowing where she is going with this, so I say after an exasperated huff, "You want me to carry your suitcase, don't you?"

"You know me so well!"

I sigh, walk over, and pull open the truck. Grudgingly, I grab Lilly's overpacked suitcase, and then I pick up my carry on bag along with my suitcase. After getting them out of the car I realize that Lilly's weighs a ton! I regret agreeing to this now.

As we start walking to the airport which is connected to the garage, I ask her, "Gosh, what did you pack in here Lilly? Rocks?"

"Not rocks," Lilly defended herself, rolling her eyes, "Other stuff."

"Do you wish to inform me of what the other stuff is?" I question her, a bit annoyed and I admit it - I'm sort of curious.

"I didn't pack a lot, just two pairs of shoes, clothes, and six books," She mumbles, her tone getting quieter with each word. You could barely even hear the words "six books."

"Did you really have to pack six books?" I ask her slightly annoyed, hoping that she would leave some here.

"Well, yes, I need one for everyday!" She responded, saying it as though it was obvious.

Wow, I think to myself before saying, "We will be there for a week, seven days." I stress the word "seven."

After hearing this she runs back to the car. I roll my eyes instinctively. How did she make it to high school algebra? I have got to know that. As she rushes, Mom and Dad send me amused looks. They probably heard the whole ordeal. Then they burst into conversation between themselves as though I wasn't there. Don't you hate it when parents do that? A minute or so later Lilly returns with another book.

"Now I have a book for everyday!" Lilly states like she just became president.

"Wow, I am so proud of you," I say sarcastically. In case you haven't noticed, I do that a lot. Lilly just sends me a glare when she thinks my parents aren't looking.

"Lilith Rose," my mom scolds, "You two girls better get along on this cruise."

"We will mom," I say. When they turn their