[Chptr. 19]

Previously: He got on his knees, preparing to attack again, but when he saw what I was holding, he froze. A flash of shock spread across his face, but then replaced with that same smirk. I walked closer to him, looking him dead in his baby blue eyes and said, "Who's the wh*re now, b*th."

Chapter 19

"Put that down before you hurt yourself, you're not gonna shoot me," Jim announced, as if matter-of-fact. He had his hands in the air, signaling surrender.

Now it was my turn to smirk. "You don't know know me like you think you do," I corrected him. "Don't think, just because you saw me at my weakest, you know my strengths," I explained while I held the gun directly in his face. He had doubt in his eyes; I could tell he thought he knew I wasn't going to shoot him.

I could feel the tears coming to my eyes. "You don't know how much I've been hoping and praying that I'd get this chance," I tried to hold back my tears. "The chance to look into the eyes of my attacker and not be afraid anymore."

He looked at me and laughed. "Come on Naomi, who are you kidding? You know deep down inside that sexy body of yours, you're still scared of-"

"NO! I DESPISE YOU!" I shouted, cutting him off. I will not let him speak, he doesn't deserve to. "Because of you, I stayed locked up in my room for days, too scared to even stand on my porch, but you know what? Not anymore....I will never, never let myself fear another human being like that again, I refuse."

In my mind, I was thinking back to everything I've been through this past week. From the time he attacked me, to the time he called me. "And looking at you now..."- couldn't fight back the tears as they began to roll down my face "...you disgust me."

All my anger, fear, and frustration went into that last line . I could literally feel the venom coming from my mouth as I spoke the last three words. The look on his face hadn't changed as he glared at me.

"Naomi?" I heard a familiar voice call from behind me, but I ignored it. I still had my gaze stuck on Jim...

>>Todd's POV<<

"Naomi?" I asked shockingly as I saw her holding a gun to some guy. I recognized him as Rachel's older brother; I think his name was Jim. But why did she have a gun on him? Where did she even get a gun in the first place?

"Naomi," I said her name again, but she ignored it again.

"I hate you," was all she said towards Jim. I slowly walked around so I could get a better view of her face, and I saw what I prayed I'd never get a chance to see.

Hatred. Sure, I've seen her angry, happy, sad, bored, frustrated, surprised, flirtatious, but I've never seen just pure hatred. "Naomi, don't do this," I started, although she didn't look at me I knew she was listening. "Look, whatever he did, it's not worth it," I tried again, my eyes jumping from her to the gun.

Click. I heard as she flicked the gun barrow back with her thumb, preparing to shoot. Fear rose through my body, not for me but for her. If she shot him, I know I'd lose her forever. She'd never be the same girl again. She'd never be the same girl I fell in love with...wait... I'm in love with her?

No! No I couldn't be...could I?I shot my eyes towards her, noticing I was looking at the gun the entire time. "Naomi please wait!" I shouted stepping a little bit closer. She still didn't look at me, she just kept her eyes locked on Jim.

"I-I..." I stuttered. What the hell are you doing Todd? This really isn't the time or place to declare your love, idiot! I ignored those thoughts and continued as I heard sirens approaching. "Think about how your parents would feel, how Rachel would feel. She's gonna be hurt once she finds out," I tried. She didn't listen.

"Please," I breathed, feeling confident. "Don't do this, Naomi. This may be hard to believe but I...I really like you, alright. And I can't have you if you're in jail. I want you....I want to be with you, no, I need to be with you." At that moment, her eyes popped towards me, for the first time since I walked in.

But before I had a chance to read them, they quickly went back to Jim. "I hate you for what you did to me...I hate so much," she said, almost in a whisper. "But I refuse to waste any more of my tears on a sick, perverted, disgusting a*shole like you," she hissed at him. With that, she kicked him dead in his face, and he fall backwards, yelling in pain as he held his face.

I ran over to her as she lowered the gun. I grabbed her into my arms, not wanting to let go. She laid her head on my chest as she cried. "Shhh...it's okay. You're okay now, Naomi. I'm here, I got you," I reassured her as she sobed.

I don't know what Jim did to her, but all of a sudden I hated him. Whatever he happened, it must've been awful if it made Naomi hold a gun on him. Police busted through the door and slowed down when they saw the scene: me holding a crying Naomi and wounded man squirming in pain on the floor.

Naomi looked up at the cops, pointed her finger to Jim and said, "That's him, that's the man who attacked me..."

I stiffened. What? Jim attacked Naomi? I looked down at Naomi, about to speak, but was stopped by someone yelling. "What?! No! This is my house! What's going on?!"...Rachel...

(AN: Sorry it's so short...xoxo)